Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maurienne valley 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone out there? Anyone been this year?
We arrive 10th January to Val Cenis, and will report from the Eskimo resorts, particularly Bonneval and VC.
Always happy to meet for a social!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were out there for New Year week.
Val Cenis: Lots of snow from top to bottom. Everything was open - even the lower slopes without artificial cover, which usually have stones/grass showing through! Pistes were hard and fast, though as it was a busy week and the runs are largely in shade at this time of year they got fairly scraped/icy by mid-afternoon. Off piste above about 2500m was very windblown/scraped, and lower down conditions were variable with some crust and refrozen rutted snow in places. Where it was heavily skied it was lovely though.
We also skied Aussois and Bonneval. Aussois was lovely and sunny though lower slopes were beginning to suffer. Bonneval was the same as ever - very snowy, very quiet, and a little bit 'wild'.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One of my sons is going tomorrow for a long weekend.
Will post his report and Pics on Saturday
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going to Aussois on the 19th, then moving to Val Cenis on the 25th, then Vafreus on the 1st, bought a season ticket 300euros. Will report
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent, will definitely be visiting Bonneval for a couple of days. Off tomorrow.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@thunderer, What a bargain these passes are.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Secret spot between Christmas and NY.

all is quiet, on New Year's day, the pistes are quiet let's hope they stay that way...

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Do you want us to try to guess where it is?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin wrote:
Quote:
Do you want us to try to guess where it is?
Smile Smile Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@davidof,

Its pretty much been like that here all week.
Blue skies, perfect pistes.

Ps i took an identical photo yesterday
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Day 1 completed; blue skies and little wind, even in the Col! My fears, prior to arrival, of the consequences of 10 days of 5°C day temps were unfounded above 2000m, pistes were good. Termingnon was quiet as usual, although the Solert sector was reasonably busy and hard packed in the main thoroughfares.
Sore legs this evening!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Empty pistes, blue skies, no wind, good conditions.
Forgot to say there are some good online pass deals on the Haute Maurienne VC website; 2 days this week were €58 instead of €78.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Day 3 Bonneval: piste conditions were excellent, off piste heavily skied out but not too crusty. First signs of light cloud about. Some new pistes at the top since I visited 2 years ago, the new red opening up alot of accessible off piste. Shame the Criou restaurant has changed hands, not the same at all.
Unfortunately, I had to bale out at 2.30pm due to a typically raw French burger from the day before making its presence known.
Snow forecast for Friday afternoon and the weekend.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Day 4 Val Cenis. Snow conditions good at all levels with copious man made reserves everywhere. The only exception was the Ramasse sector, where the Col wind was howling through; the top of Ramasse was an icy sheet.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@cstreat, Can't recall when the top of the Ramasse wasn't icy. usually something softer off to skiers right down the side of the piste. The new run a little further down L'Escargot is another option now and then you can cut back through left to the lower part of the Ramasse. Other reports we have had confirm your experience of very good conditions. A little time before half term yet for some top ups as well. Enjoy the rest of your break.
ski holidays
@frozennose, Ramasse is icy all the way down, as is the new red link. Infact, there was a serious accident at the junction of the two last night, with the helicopter dropping the medic, then landing in Les Champs whilst the patient was stabilised ( 20 mins) then picking them up. I hope they are ok.
There was some flat light and cloud, and a mm of snow today, but plenty of sunshine. Some dirty patches are appearing, and some artificial snow piles have depleted during the week as they were spread out. Now,5pm, snowy mist is moving up the valley.
ski holidays
6pm, snowing quite hard.
snow report
tumping it down.
snow report
Out there next week. How's it looking?
snow report
Was down in the Maurienne for 3 days at the back end of last week - it had had way more wind and much less snow out of last Friday's snowfall than the main Vanoise area, but still good snow to be skied everywhere with a bit of hunting & local knowledge. Pistes were great and deserted on the whole!

latest report
It’s been puking all day in the Maurienne: started as rain below 1400m but snow line dropped to valley floor by end of the day. Special K got fairly well smashed; I measured 40cm+ in the trees. No one about. Epic.
snow report
Yep we are at le corbier. At least 40cm fallen at village level since 6am and its still coming down. Roll on tomorrow when the sun will hopefully peep out from behind the clouds....
ski holidays
Excellent news. I'll be out there this Sunday, on third visit to Val Cenis - really rather like this resort. With all the snow, odd how the Ski Cub website still states that snow quality is 'hard packed', but I'm guessing that ain't true!
latest report
@Ichabod, Shhh...the area is a hidden gem wink
snow conditions
Ooops - sorry! I'll get my coat.
latest report
Yes, let's not go on about the area please too much,we enjoy the absence of lift queues at Easter every year- despite the slushy bits at the bottom at the end of the day...
snow conditions
Needless to say, the valley has delivered this week snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy