Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another beginner friendly topic, sorry!

Poster: A snowHead
@thelem, this seems like an insanely low deal!!! Do you work for a TO? I’m now looking at Courchevel for March, but this is a headturner
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You might want to find out how many school kids will be there, @MissBambi. And you might well pay extra for single occupancy. And, of course, that doesn't include lessons, ski pass or equipment hire.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And it'll be a very crowded week on the slopes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last week of Feb still in French winter school holidays. Certain to be busy in larger French resorts.
2nd week of March onwards, up until Easter school holidays start, much quieter.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks everyone, it it sounds to good to be true, it usually is righ? I don’t think it sounds right for a confidence boosting second trip, but one to consider another time Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No, not too good to be true. You can get good HB packages sometimes - but that only covers part of your costs, and there are hotels and hotels.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Courchevel 1650 is an amazing place to ski, it's not very busy as is at the extremeties of the 3 valleys. I love the slops there and is really great for a near beginner. Courchevel was where I went my first few ski places and 1650 was always my favourite. I
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MissBambi wrote:
Thanks everyone, it it sounds to good to be true, it usually is right?

In terms of the deal it all looks legit.

My only question would be around single occupancy.

And the only potential issue being lots of noisy school children.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PeakyB wrote:
Last week of Feb still in French winter school holidays. Certain to be busy in larger French resorts.
2nd week of March onwards, up until Easter school holidays start, much quieter.

Last week of this coming Feb is also Shrove Tuesday, Mardi Gras, half-term at least for the English schools in Portugal, I assume also England, when Brit schools usually go skiing.

So yes be prepared for lots of crazy children.

If you're not stuck to term times then personally I'd avoid it. Brilliant offer for any Brit that is though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes an absolutely cracking deal! Certainly an eye opener. I spent over £2k for a solo week in Seefeld (with passes, lessons, hire etc) and it’s looking the same or a little more for Courchevel. Is this normal?! I’ve been to Mauritius for less! Puzzled although I’d prefer the snow of course, but still seems steep and I’m not staying anywhere too fancy.

What should I expect to pay roughly for March?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@MissBambi, what is the breakdown of that £2k?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Seefeld - roughly
7N Accommodation inc food £1100ish
Flights £210
3 days 4h Lessons €160
Hire €90
Ski Pass €282
Massage €55 (essential for calves!)
2 hour private lesson €150
Transfers €80
Spending money £200ish

Courchevel
Chalet package deal £1350ish
Ski pass €278
Hire approx €80
Lessons approx €225
Spending money / private lesson options etc £300+
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@MissBambi, chalet package quite expensive for mid March IMO. However it is Courchevel, so prices tend to be higher than average. Single supplement must add 10-20% roughly?

There are suitable alternatives that could be less expensive. La Plagne for example. Or, nearby, parts of Les Arcs are good. Peisey Vallandry sector a possibility.

La Rosiere also OK in the Tarentaise if you can find a suitable single option or room share.
snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@PeakyB, if you’re still hooked ahead of next season, take a look at the snowHead Bashes. I think PSB, PreBBWuW, SBB17 and EOSB could all be suitable by then. In order those are early to mid Dec, last week Jan, 1st week Feb, mid April.
snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MissBambi wrote:
Today I’ve had a bit of a breakthrough I think, it’s looking like Courchevel 1650. Good decision?

Yes, Courchevel is a good choice. I've not been over as far left as 1650 (I've only ever been there when I've been staying in one of the other valleys, which are over the peaks on the right of the map). There's some great novice terrain off the Verdons gondola and Pralong chair above 1850. I can see from the map that you can get between 1650 and 1850 using only blue runs, although it does need a few lifts.
latest report
MissBambi wrote:
@thelem, this seems like an insanely low deal!!! Do you work for a TO? I’m now looking at Courchevel for March, but this is a headturner

I work for Skibound (https://www.skibound.co.uk/). The primary business is school ski trips, but because schools travel in large groups there are often a few rooms left over (but not enough to accommodate another school). These are what get sold on https://www.skiboundholidays.co.uk/. That's why choice of dates is so limited. The main UK half term is 17th - 21st Feb, so this is the week after that. Slopes will be quieter in March though.

Yes, the hotel will be mostly full of school children. Behaviour will obviously vary from group to group, but they will be supervised by their teachers who will usually expect them to be in their own rooms at a reasonable hour. I've stayed with school groups several times and not had problems, but I can understand why this would be a problem for some people. There's a licenced bar in the hotel, and a few other bars within walking distance.

Layne raised a good question about single occupancy. I'm not sure what they answer would be - you'd need to give them a call or email to check.

(standard disclaimer: views are my own, not those of my employer)
ski holidays
@MissBambi, 1100ish expensive to me. I don't do catered holidays these days but follow the threads on here and off peak You should be able to get stuff for £600ish no problem. Only thing maybe the single person thing. Hence why the bashes and UCPA are often the way to go - as you got to meet like minded folk on those too. But note that £600 would be a package including flights.

Of your other expense lessons are mostly a front loaded expense. As in people tend to do quite a lot first two or three weeks and then just do the odd private. So that kind of goes away.

Equipment hire, you can buy your own stuff but the expense of doing so makes it a zero sum game (unless you drive or get free ski carriage and do your own servicing)

Ski pass. As a beginner you don't really need to go to the biggest resorts. If you go to smaller and/or less well known resorts you will often get cheaper accommodation and certainly cheaper lift passes.

Transfers would be included in a TO holiday. If you DIY then unavoidable.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy