Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to watch Lauberhorn downhill 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I’ve seen a previous post from ages ago but would like some advice please on the above.

We are staying in Grindelwald so will take the train across. But really not sure where to watch it, we are torn between the finish area, World Cup Village or @ Wengernalp?

We will be without skis & one of our party suffers with MS so needs to have a loo nearby & also to get some breathing space occasionally. We would also like some advice on how long travelling time we need to allow, to get to whichever spot we decide to watch the race from.

Thanks for your time,

Lou
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Lou,
We usually watch at the finish area, but I think in your circumstances the World Cup village might be more practical. There'll be a great atmosphere, and it's only 100 metres from the station (where there are proper loos). To get here from Grindelwald you can get the train via Kleine Scheidegg or via Zweilütschinen. Via Scheidegg will be busy on the way up, via Zweilütschinen will be very busy on the leg between Lauterbrunnen and Wengen. Either way the journey takes about an hour plus queuing time.

You can watch the World Cup village being built here:

https://www.liveincam.com/en/cam/lauterbrunnen-switzerland-wengen
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Mike,

That's a great help, thank you.

Is the ticket price the same for the World Cup village as the other places?

Thanks,

Lou
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LouF, Free entry to the World Cup village!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Get there early......I went a few years ago and the queue for the train at Lauterbrunnen was enormous, I imagine Grindelwald might be similar

I watched from the finish line and although the atmosphere was great and it was good to see the skiers cross the finish line, you couldn't actually see much of the racing other than on the big screen so I though that next time I'd go to Wengernalp
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Main stage under construction.

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We’re going to the village - taking midgets for a trip out! Hope they still hand out the free Emmi Cafe Lattes Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went around 30 years ago, and was on skis so started near the top and worked my way down. I've never had anything like the sensation of speed, mid course as the skiers went past, seemingly only touching the snow when they needed to change direction.

Hopefully the train will be better than it was when I was there. As mentioned above "queue for the train at Lauterbrunnen was enormous", but it wasn't just the queues it was the behavior. None of the expected Swiss reserve, it was a full on ruck, and standing in front of a door when the train arrived was no guarantee that you would get on. I believe it took three trains before I was able to get on.

A couple of highlights were the mountain emptying of hundreds/thousands of skiers in minutes after the last Swiss skier had come down, and also seeing Pirmin Zurbriggen giving his then girlfriend a piggy back down the piste while skiing on a single ski Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all - having just looked at the forecast, not sure it will happen anyway. Well if it does a reduced start. We've been very lucky in the past, Hahnenkamm 4 times, Val Gardena & Garmisch so can't complain. CAN'T wait flying out on Wednesday Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@LouF, we’re thinking the same thing - might just go and watch the training and the planes on Thursday
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy