Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings with no adjustment on back binding?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I've received these used skis, but when I took a closer look at them, the bindings don't seem to have a DIN-scale on the back part.
Could this actually be the case?

I asked the previous owner, but he told me that they always just hand them over to a guy in the rental shop who takes care of the adjustment. My husband is a very experinced skier and has always done all maintenance and adjustment on his own and our skis - so I won't be taking these to a shop.

But please take a look and tell me, if it's just me staring blind on something, or if they don't have a back adjustment.

https://imgur.com/cU7kIPJ

https://imgur.com/lyfEfdL

https://imgur.com/ow1VBrt
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think they are Head/Tyrolia SL70 AC bindings, which may help you find a manual, though this is just based on my reading of your pictures so please don't take it as gospel. If you lift the rear part of the binding, so it is as if you had a boot in it, does that reveal the DIN adjustment screw you're looking for?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kieranm wrote:
I think they are Head/Tyrolia SL70 AC bindings, which may help you find a manual, though this is just based on my reading of your pictures so please don't take it as gospel. If you lift the rear part of the binding, so it is as if you had a boot in it, does that reveal the DIN adjustment screw you're looking for?

I will check when I get home. I haven't thought of checking there - I'm used to bindings with visible scales Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Head bindings = tyrolia. I would expect the forward pressure indicator and DIN to be visible when the binding is popped "up" (engaged position).

I think this link is the manual you need.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KtqtI9JQQmc05e0BJZ3py_eXAtjOYy-bR6A38VgO4fA/edit

Good luck
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it not visible when close the binding?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If this has stumped you then should you really be adjusting your own bindings? wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If it is a Tyrolia sl70 ac (junior binding..)

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/4602119/technical-manual-tyrolia
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do yourself a favour and save your knees if you can’t figure it out. Take them to a shop.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:
If this has stumped you then should you really be adjusting your own bindings? wink

Clear’n’ short answer to that Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:

I'm not adjusting anything - I'll leave that to my husband. And we haven't gotten to checkings bindings yet but in that time he will probably find out for himselv wink
I just looked at them and thought something was "missing" Razz
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
crosshatch wrote:
Do yourself a favour and save your knees if you can’t figure it out. Take them to a shop.

A shop - or an experienced rider with 30+ years of experience in adjusting bindings for himself and others. Same-same, I guess (but the latter one is for free Laughing )
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jokael wrote:
crosshatch wrote:

A shop - or an experienced rider with 30+ years of experience in adjusting bindings for himself and others. Same-same, I guess (but the latter one is for free Laughing )

Is that also 30+ years of asking basic binding set up questions on an internet forum? A little bit of knowledge is very dangerous. Just saying...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy