Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF competition course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With the prospect of another snowless winter I'm considering taking kiddo for a week in france, possibly enrolling her in a half day 'competition' course. We've had varied experiences over the years with esf, from fabulous in La Rosiere to terrible elsewhere. She specifically wants to do gates but doesn't speak french. Does anyone have any personal experience with these courses or can anyone recommend a particular resort to do it at? Half days only so not the uk camps Smile
tia
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We do competition courses at esf Tignes le lac but only on holiday periods.
The normal programme is GS Monday/Tuesday with a timed fleeche midday Tuesday. Slalom Wednesday/Thursday with timed runs both days. GS Friday with another timed run.
The groups are split into different ability levels to help progression.
Our stade is restricted to race groups only for security.
The instructors all speak very good English, probably better than myself Smile
If you have any other questions please ask.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Canuck, my experience is that they vary a lot by resort, so it may be a case of getting a shortlist of resorts then seeing what each ESF does.

For example, Argentiere ESF tends to do one day of gate training (GS and SL) and one day of racing, with the other 3-4 days devoted to all mountain skiing and technique work. The classes in Argentiere and Chamonix are very multilingual - kids from all over the place, including a few from international schools in Geneva.

In contrast we were in Les Menuires in an off peak week last year and there were two timed GS competitions per day - the classes seemed to spend all their time on gates and doing timed runs.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've done a couple of these in Val Thorens, first on my own and then with my daughter and friends. First time there was a choice of one or two activities most days (GS, SL, Fusee - basically super G, park, off piste), and a bit of video. Second time was just GS and SL, alternating, and a bit more serious - top group was all cat suits and SL and GS race skis. Groups were divided by ability and my daughter's friends didn't speak French, but no issues. If she wants to ski gates, she'll have a good time. Seems from my experience and comments above what you get may vary, but will be good for her skiing regardless. More people should try gates!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy