Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shared transfers with other Snowheads?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads,

Heading from Geneva airport to Les Contamines on 15th February and returning on the 22nd. 2nd holiday to Les Cont. .... and hoping I don't break my thumb on day 1 like last year wink

The cheapest private transfer (return) I've been quoted is EUR350 (via "findtransfers"). Care hire looks to be more expensive.

My searching and using online quote tools seems to indicate that it's not that much more expensive to transfer 8 (instead of 4) ... so that got me thinking ... are there ever any snowheads "shared transfers" threads where people could post their travel plans and then to see if others want to join/share the cost? I guess there's a "trust" issue (what if one party turns out to be a "no show", leaving the others to pick up the total tab) ... but I'd assume anyone doing this would be texting/exchanging mobiles and other details "offline" to ensure all went well.

Good idea? Daft idea?

Anyway ... from my perspective ... we are a family of 4, with 2 suitcases but no skis/boots, travelling on the dates above. Early flight in and late flight out, so we'd be looking at around a 10:30 am pick up at Geneva, and then the return would be a pick up at about 15:00 at Les Cont. If others are travelling on the same route (or even flights - from Edinburgh/Easyjet) and want to split the cost with a shared transfer ping me a PM pls. Or ... if any Les Cont. locals (Jedster?) knows any local taxi firms that are reliable and would be less than 350 Euro, let me know Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Coach company Ouibus (or BlaBlaBus) go to Les Contamines from Geneva airport for EUR29 each way several times each day - probably with a change onto a minibus at St Gervais or similar. There's a departure from Geneva at 10.45am and one back from Les Contamines at 1.20pm. I've used them for Megeve / Praz sur Arly and would recommend.

If you're interested I would book early as it's term and the price may go up / buses might get full.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree, we have used Ouibus/BlaBlaBus several times to St Gervais and will be doing so again this week. Departures from Geneva Airport 0840, 1045, 1430, 1620 change at Sallanches reaching Les Contamines about 2 and a quarter hours later.

(Unfortunately later departures don't connect with Les Contamines).

Advance booking 27 euros a person, so still over 200 euros return for your family.

For private transfers your quote seems typical, though my wife recently got given a link to someone called ResortRides.com who claim to be a bit cheaper (but we have no experience of whether they work).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy