Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hertz - Gold plus car pick up

Poster: A snowHead
Ive booked a car at Munich airport with hertz , Im not sure if it the same at all locations but ive read as a Gold plus member you can skip the check in desk and go straight to the car park kiosk
Anyone with any experience of this ,only issue i need to add cross-boarder option to the hire agreement
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When you land, head to hertz and there are 2 desk - normal and gold card. Never a queue at gold card, head there to get your keys and add on any extras. I've never gone straight to the car - you wouldnt know which car or have the keys wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The “go straight to car” proposition is common in the US, where the app tells you which cars you can select or you just take any car of the appropriate class (or any car at all from the “gold choice” zone). You don’t need the keys in the US as they leave them in the car.

The availability and implementation of this at any airport is very location dependent, so Munich may not offer the full deal.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PaulC1984 wrote:
When you land, head to hertz and there are 2 desk - normal and gold card. Never a queue at gold card, head there to get your keys and add on any extras. I've never gone straight to the car - you wouldnt know which car or have the keys wink

I got this from trip advisor (Feb 2019) , but you seemed to have a different experience at Munich , I dont think you can go direct to the car but check in at a Kiosk at the car park

"as a Hertz Gold member, we can check in at the desk on the 6th floor of the parking garage in the East Wing "
"going to the car park is normal. it allows you to go straight to the car and not have to queue up at the rental desk"
" Having Hertz Gold lets you avoid the line. Your name will be illuminated on the "Gold Board " and will tell you which area to go to and just bypass the lines."
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To skip the Q, you might need to upload your driving licence, and credit card details to your GC profile

Not sure if still the case, GC members used to get a one class upgrade on the booked car, subject to it being avail

I think a spouse is a free second driver
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@wasley, As above you add all your driving license/credit card details to your account in advance but the first time you pick up a car they have to verify your credit card so you do go to the desk as normal.

I've only done the above part tho, not rented from them since.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As a Hertz Gold (5 Star/Presidents Circle) of many years I can tell you the experience varies widely from airport to airport. At Heathrow (been a while since I've been there) you go direct to the hire car parking lot where there is a board with your name on it telling you what bay the car is in. The keys and paperwork are inside. A security guard checks your license and paperwork at the exit.

At Milan you go straight to the multistorey car park (bypassing the desks in the terminal) and pick up the keys at the office there. In the twice I've used it the service has been very poor. First time they tried to palm me off with a smaller car than booked even thought as President's Circle I had a guaranteed one class upgrade. They eventually relented after about 15 minutes of increasingly heated discussion. The second occasion I had booked an Nissan X-Trail (guaranteed) but they tried to give me a Qashqai. Once again a debate ensued until they 'found' an X-Trail.

Going to Milan again in a few weeks. During the Hertz Black Friday promotion I got a Range Rover Velar (guaranteed) for 10 days for £250. They want something like £80 a day to reduce the excess to £0 but my annual insurane4carhire policy will cover that. Given my previous experience at MXP I'm not hopeful of a smooth Gold Experience.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
With Hertz Gold I also get a 2nd. driver for free. I also often get a free upgrade, especially if it's very quiet or perversely, very busy. They need to see the 2nd. driver's Diving License at the desk. And at GVA you still have to go to the Car Rental Desk area, but they have a separate Gold desk, and they service this preferentially, which is really useful in busy periods. As mentioned, what happens at any airport will vary - I've used the Gold direct-to-the-car-pickup facility in the US.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Did it last week - went to Hertz desk in Munich airport, there is an electronic board above the desk for Gold Club members telling you where your car is parked. Go there, car is open with keys in dash ready to go. Drive to the barrier, the Hertz representative will give you paper work - I told her I would be driving to Austria and she applied a charge of €25 to my card. She raises the barrier and off you go!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gold Hertz here as well and super tufty club or whatever it’s called. Airports are all different sadly so have a look at the desk and it may have a board with where your car is. My best result was last July at SFO when I went to collect my car from the Gold area and the guy intercepted me and said they had upgraded it - choice of a super lux SUc thing or for $150 US a 911 ! Guess what I took !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BRi87 wrote:
Did it last week - went to Hertz desk in Munich airport, there is an electronic board above the desk for Gold Club members telling you where your car is parked. Go there, car is open with keys in dash ready to go. Drive to the barrier, the Hertz representative will give you paper work - I told her I would be driving to Austria and she applied a charge of €25 to my card. She raises the barrier and off you go!

Hopefully its the same when we arrive ....How do you get from the Hertz desk to where the car is ,,is it sign posted/obvious ??
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry for the delay, Car park C I believe is where it is. With your back to the Hertz desk turn right and right again when you see the sign. You walk outside and into the car park about 50 yards away.

Although it was only a fortnight ago I'm very happy to concede these directions might be utterly dreadful. Memory isn't what it used to be
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've collected Hertz cars from many airports over 20+ years, but not Munich If you are a Gold member (of any variety except the Austin Powers one) you can skip the desk in the terminal. Whether you can go straight to your car or not is often determined from the video screen on the courtesy shuttle. If you can't go to the office at the car park.
Hertz website is hopeless, it's Gold call centre is consderate, Irish and useless and it's online issue resolution system is worthy of Ryanair.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tsgsh wrote:
I've collected Hertz cars from many airports over 20+ years, but not Munich If you are a Gold member (of any variety except the Austin Powers one) you can skip the desk in the terminal. Whether you can go straight to your car or not is often determined from the video screen on the courtesy shuttle. If you can't go to the office at the car park.
Hertz website is hopeless, it's Gold call centre is consderate, Irish and useless and it's online issue resolution system is worthy of Ryanair.

Not sure what 'consderate' means, but as an Irishman I find 'Irish and useless' hugely offensive.

What's nationality got to do with the effectiveness of a call centre?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi. We have used this a few times, most recently 6 mths ago. You go the car park directly where the cars are (No need to join the v long desk queues) .It's all very easy. The kiosk upstairs give you the car keys and details etc..
ski holidays
Presumably you still have to check it over a fine toothcomb and summon an employee to get any marks etc agreed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy