Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not skiing in Whistler and Sun Peaks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to a persistent (Achilles) injury, work, sickness etc, my fitness levels are zero currently. I am committed to a holiday in Whistler and Sun Peaks in February and will take gym gear/swimming kit but I was wondering if the good people of Snowheads had any suggestions for the non-skier. Any activity within reason considered - not just physical but possibly educational, artistic etc.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At Sun peaks you could go on a cat trax groomer ride as the slopes close they do rides out for about 45 mins ( we sent my Father out on one a few years ago). Snow limo tour, ski bike, snowmobiling trips, you can get a bus to Kamloops a couple of days a week. If your booked into the grand then there are outdoor slopeside hot tubs and a pool.
Whistler has Audain art gallery/museum, Squamish lil'wat cultural centre, zipline tour, snow mobile, there are twenty spas.
Some of the buses are free some you pay for depends on what you want to do.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dog sledding in sun peaks is fab...check your insurance though.

Isn't there a pottery painting place there?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whistler also has sliding centre (you can go down half the track in a bobsleigh/skeleton or watch any events), cinema, snowshoeing, peak2peak gondola.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We did the dog sledding with my dad he was 78 at the time.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Catch a hockey game in Kamloops.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can kill a day at the Scandinavian Spa in Whistler. Take a book.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thank you collective snowheads - very kind of you to reply and make suggestions. I might try a spa one day though historically they've not appealed. (I heard a massage being described once as having a stranger's greasy hands rubbed all over you for 30 minutes Very Happy ) Dog-sledding might be something we can all do. I've done snow-shoeing in France and quite liked it.I shall be loading up the kindle for reading and downloading some films too.
Again: thank you.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The sliding centre in Whistler is a blast - not sure how do-able that is with your injury. Watching the hockey with beer and chicken wings are favourite off-slope activities - I'm not a big drinker but that laid back Canadian culture is lovely! You might find wildlife or other sightseeing tours offered which can be fun.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Might be worth looking at the Zipline tours in Whistler - shouldn't be much of a problem for you. Good fun and with a bit of eco learning thrown in - takes around 4 hrs IIRC.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@EdnaTomkins, Is walking ok?

Whistler options

Walk the valley trail (they keep it cleared if there is snow down to village level.)

https://vallealumina.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2bLb2_7s5gIVh6ztCh0yaQzNEAAYAiAAEgIr0fD_BwE brilliant walking night trip.
Plenty of snowshoe adventures offered.

Snowmobile with(out) food options used these people https://www.canadianwilderness.com and they are good.

The Local arts scene is very interesting. There is an artist trail all over town to small artists working from their home studios.
Liliwat cultural centre is a good 4 hr visit.
Arden Art another 3hrs
Whistler Museum id worth a couple of hours too.

Its not all crazy zip wires thought there are some huge ones. The Tree Canopy walk is seriously interesting. https://whistler.ziptrek.com/tours/treetrek/

Function Junction you can have everything from Bread making, ski making and Beer making.

The Library is well stocked and has "stuff" going on.

Great tasting menus for food and beer..... endless if you have the money.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My partner is a long term non skier (significant knee injury years ago).
She loves walking and is always amazed at the number of people she bumps into doing just the same, in ski resorts.
I picked up a knee problem on my last holiday, the kids skied and I rather enjoyed the walking / snow shoeing as well.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yet again, thank you. Yes I can walk more or less fine now. I've just come in from a quick 4 miles. I am going to follow a lot of this up. Very thoughtful suggestions.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy