Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying boot in Les Arcs/Bourg St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're going to Les Arcs on 4 January, and my daughter needs new boots. We're staying in 1950, but we'll have a car, so can easily travel to any of the villages, or to BSM. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good boot fitter in LA/BSM?
Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LGS Bootfitting https://www.facebook.com/LGS-Bootfitting-240102766669363/

Is generally talked about as the best in town, planning to go myself to get some new liners sorted.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@timlongs, Thanks, that looks good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@timlongs, interesting - when I asked around in 1800 I received many recommendations for Laboshop in BSM who did a very good job of fitting boots for me.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Alastair, Thanks for the info - that's another option Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The team, especially Ben, at the Intersport at the top of Plan Peisey village (near the Sherpa) are very good, and where all the locals go.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The team, especially Ben, at the Intersport at the top of Plan Peisey village (near the Sherpa) are very good, and where all the locals go.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@ChrisKernow, Thanks - even more options Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
UPDATE.
We visited every boot shop in 2000 and 1950, and also went to Labo in BSM. We learned that the bootfitter in Labo (a semi-mythical character called Ludo) doesn't work there every day, and he wasn't there the day we visited. None of the shops we visited could find a suitable boot, apart from Precision Ski 1950, where the bootfitter was confident he could find one. He also said it probably would take several visits for adjustments. We went back three times, and the result was a very well fitting ski boot. This is Sylvain's first season in LA, but he has worked in various Tarentaise resorts over the last 15 years. If you have a difficult foot, I'd recommend him strongly.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy