Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family private transfer YVR to Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's been a few years so I'm looking for recommendations for a private transfer for our holiday. I guess with two sets of skis I'll need a minivan? Do skis and other luggage fit in an SUV with four passengers? What about limos? And booster seats for our girls, (5 and Cool.

Can anyone personally recommend a very good private transfer? I'm after a little bit of luxury, not totally splashing the cash but happy to spend a bit for the right service!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have used these guys for 5 years https://www.starlimousine.com/
You can get the SUV with roof storage for skis, or minivan.
The bus service called Whistler Connection is excellent if you have kids as youngsters are either free or vcheap depending on time of year and it’s a totally reliable service that drops off right to your accommodation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've used these guys before and will again in a few weeks: http://www.whistlerairporttransfers.com/

A private limo is never going to be cheap but, for a family, it may be similar in cost to a shared transfer and will almost certainly be quicker and more pleasant. Give them a call and they'll be happy to explain carrying capacity and child seats.

You could hire a car but parking in Whistler is so expensive that it's unlikely to be cost-effective.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Use both of the suggestions above and Star better for a private. Always go bigger than you think as you don't want a suitcase on your lap for 2.5hrs !

Don't hire a self drive; parking is crazy cost and you do not need it in the village as everything is walkable. Also if you are travelling from the UK you will be very very tired and falling asleep.... It is not an easy road to drive on up to Whistler. It takes us 23hrs door to door ! Including the hop from Yorkshire. Less hassle if you are near Heathrow to start with but still 2am by the time you get to resort. AirCanada flight used to get in much earlier but they moved it back to a 2pm start so it is now dark when you turn up the Howe sound - shame the views were superb.

Allura (condo hire people) have been in business for a long time and their site is always an interesting way to gain good info. https://www.alluradirect.com/whistler-transportation-service.cfm

Not going this year for the first time in 14 years - already missing it. Hope you have a great time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Farry, where are you staying , the likes of four seasons and fairmont will happily arrange private transfer for you

I always hire a suv , enjoy the independence in and around town and also use for ski touring options , parking is not too bad if you know how and where , another plus is ability to do something on the way home as usually late flight home so a visit to Stanley park and the waterfront is a nice way to unwind before long flight home
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jake43 wrote:
...Less hassle if you are near Heathrow to start with but still 2am by the time you get to resort. AirCanada flight used to get in much earlier but they moved it back to a 2pm start so it is now dark when you turn up ..
To just clarify that, the flight gets in about 16:00, you should clear the airport by 17:00 or so, and be in Whistler a couple of hours later. The local time isn't 02:00.

Whilst a car is the most flexible option, much of Vancouver's tourist stuff and even the local ski hills are also easily accessible by public transport, which can give a different perspective from driving.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
philwig wrote:
Jake43 wrote:
...Less hassle if you are near Heathrow to start with but still 2am by the time you get to resort. AirCanada flight used to get in much earlier but they moved it back to a 2pm start so it is now dark when you turn up ..
To just clarify that, the flight gets in about 16:00, you should clear the airport by 17:00 or so, and be in Whistler a couple of hours later. The local time isn't 02:00.

Whilst a car is the most flexible option, much of Vancouver's tourist stuff and even the local ski hills are also easily accessible by public transport, which can give a different perspective from driving.

Yes I know local time I am meaning UK time. No matter what the local time is the persons body clock is right at the worst possible time to be driving, in the dark, on a trick bit of road; in generally slippy conditions even if no actual snow on the road. I have been there many times and am completely knackered after Squarmish.
I have no problem if they wanted to stop in a Airport Hotel and drive up the next morning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy