Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Club Med - equipment waiting in locker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are staying in Club Med Val D'isere - just filled out the online questionnaire which apparently gives them enough information to leave our ski equipment in our lockers?

We have our own boots but hire skis - how will they be able to correctly fix our bindings without our boots to do so.

It says we can take the equipment to be amended if needed, so it's fine, I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced how they actually do this?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
katie28 wrote:
.....how will they be able to correctly fix our bindings without our boots to do so.....

They cannot correctly check/set the forward pressure in the heel without your specific boot.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's exactly what I thought. I guess I was just curious, as whilst leaving your 'pre-set' skis in your locker seems like a nice idea, actually, I just don't see how it works in practise! Having skied for many years, I know to take the skis back into the hire shop and get them fitted properly, but imagine if you were a newbie and just thought they'd been fitted for you.... asking for injuries in my opinion!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@spyderjon, surely if you supply your weight, skiing ability and the sole length of your boot they can be set up ready?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
@spyderjon, surely if you supply your weight, skiing ability and the sole length of your boot they can be set up ready?

Nope. If you supply that info plus your height and age then they can set the dins but they can't set the forward pressure without the users boot.

In theory if the rental operation has a boot in stock of every possible sole length then they could then use an identical sole length to that of the user to set the forward pressure - but then that ignores one of the other reasons for having the users boot and that is to check for excess toe/heel lug wear which can significantly affect the performance of the binding. Plus, although not common, there are demo/rental bindings that have a manual toe height adjustment (ie Warden 11/13 Demo's which are often mounted on all mountain ski) for which having the users boot is essential.

This is something that on the face of it seems like great customer service but from a technical point of view is poor practice.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
At Club Med in Val d’Isere the ski equipment place is adjacent to the lockers. You will have to walk 20m max from your locker to the counter where they will set your bindings. When I stayed there I chose skis from the rack. They had a good choice (Rossignol) depending on your experience and prevailing snow conditions.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kditrj2d wrote:
At Club Med in Val d’Isere the ski equipment place is adjacent to the lockers. You will have to walk 20m max from your locker to the counter where they will set your bindings. When I stayed there I chose skis from the rack. They had a good choice (Rossignol) depending on your experience and prevailing snow conditions.

Oh fab, that’s really helpful, thank you.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy