Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which binding?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to treat myself to new ski Elan Wingman 82 Cti. I’m 52 187cm and 102 kg been skiing for 30 years. Advanced skier but not an expert. My boots currently have alpine soles but I have GW soles. Want to keep the option of reverting back to the GW soles. I have a pair of fatter skis with older Atomic FFG12 which I doubt are GW compatible. My din setting would normally be 8.5. These are skis for pure on piste days.

The easiest options are:

1. Elans integrated binding but probably prefer to add non rail binding;
2. Warden MNC 11 cheapest by about £32 in the overall package price;
3. Marker Griffon LD 13 (but tan rather than black - just trying to get my head around the colour)
4. Look SPX Dual 12 (look and marker come in dearer than the warden MNC)

If I don’t buy the bindings with the skis absolute snow have good prices on bindings, and I can add the warden mnc13 in to the mix or the black marker griffon though it ups the price slightly.

Happy to keep the weight down as legs get older.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@dan100, I'm pretty sure now that many of Elan skis come with the new Tyrolia Protector binding

https://stylealtitude.com/head-tyrolia-knee-protector-binding.html

and this link is the Elan site

https://elanskis.com/protector

I would have thought that somebody with your stats it would be something to really consider?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - looking at the binding on the ski though it says Fusion X it’s the protector version which has a din set up to 13 whereas on the ski on sale it’s a din setting up to 12. That’s why I’m looking at buying this years ski and choosing a binding. Interested which binding you think might be best out of those mentioned warden MNC 11 0r 13, marker griffon ld or look spx 12. Might also push to salomon strive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any binding that goes to 10 will be perfectly ok. Might want to check your din, unless you have short boot soles you will be 7.5 Not 8.5 ( after 50 you are supposed to stop one)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dan100, Where are you thinking of buying them from? Looking at similar ski myself and couldn't find a UK site that did as good packages as you note/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dashed have bought the skis elan wingman 82 cti for £354 shipped (you get £10 off if you sign up to newsletter p). from glissshop. Decided not to buy binding from them as I didn’t like the marker griffon in tan and it would bug me. Advised not to get the Warden MNC 11 as too lightweight. Probably will buy bindings from absolute snow as they seem to be cheapest in UK. Probably warden MNC 13 , salomon Sth2 war 13 or marker griffon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Re now given price changes attack 14 vs sallys listed above vs look pivot 14 is it worth the extra money?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dan100 wrote:
......Probably will buy bindings from absolute snow as they seem to be cheapest in UK. Probably warden MNC 13, salomon Sth2 war 13 or marker griffon.

The internet can't mount bindings!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@spyderjon, yeah, €50 here to mount your own bindings in the shops!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
KenX wrote:

I charge £49 to mount flat-mounted bindings when neither the skis nor the bindings are purchased from me. Free mounting if either is bought from me.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon wrote:
KenX wrote:

I charge £49 to mount flat-mounted bindings when neither the skis nor the bindings are purchased from me. Free mounting if either is bought from me.

I had anticipated a charge but suspect will get done in resort as Nottingham too far away to be viable in terms of time and fuel cost. If I’m lucky I know someone who works in a ski shop in resort though more likely will be done in Les menuires.

Suppose the issue to decide now whether look pivot is worth in terms of safety vs attack 14 or the salomon bindings. My son who has pivot 14 mounted on atomic maverick raves about the pivot but he is comparing to a rail binding on my salomon piste skis which he also has with him - his use of which has justified my purchase of new skis.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
you're overthinking it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have just received a pair of Head e-Rally skis and replaced the existing bindings with Potector PR 11 GW.

A couple of points to note:
1) The Protector are compatible with the Head Powerrail base system. If you buy skis with that rail you save yourself the EUR 50 mounting fee
2) PR 13 GW are gbp 50 more and don't add much unless you are pushing really really hard I am told
3) Head UK would not advise you where to source stuff and won't return your calls.
4) Tyrolia's canada office is very helpful to provide advice.
5) Bought my kit from LD Mountainwarehouse. A chap called Andy set it up for me. The have 1 pair of protectors lift and are discounting it massively.

The protector docs say that the bindings need "calibration" by someone trained with this equipement. I am hopping I could find someone with the proper DIN charts/software in VT in 10 days.

I hope this helps,

Tony
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tonyfo wrote:
I have just received a pair of Head e-Rally skis and replaced the existing bindings with Potector PR 11 GW.

A couple of points to note:
1) The Protector are compatible with the Head Powerrail base system. If you buy skis with that rail you save yourself the EUR 50 mounting fee
2) PR 13 GW are gbp 50 more and don't add much unless you are pushing really really hard I am told
3) Head UK would not advise you where to source stuff and won't return your calls.
4) Tyrolia's canada office is very helpful to provide advice.
5) Bought my kit from LD Mountainwarehouse. A chap called Andy set it up for me. They have 1 pair of protectors left in stock and are discounting it massively.

The protector docs say that the bindings need "calibration" by someone trained with this equipment. I am hopping I could find someone with the proper DIN charts/software in VT in 10 days.

I hope this helps,

Tony
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I notice that Snow and Rock appear to have Protector PRII available to order in 85mm or 95mm flavors.
For some reason, they've listed them on the website under accessories rather than bindings.

https://www.snowandrock.com/c/ski/equipment/ski-boot-accessories.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy