Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kirchberg or Brixen Im Thale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can any one help? We are going to be around the Kitzbuhel/ sol ski areas in mid January. We have narrowed it down to stay in brixen I’m thale or Kirchberg?
Kirchberg I think you can access Kitzbuhel ski area easily starting in kirchberg?
Brixen Im thale can you access skiing in sol easily?
Which of these too places would be best?
Any thoughts much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@tepg1, knowing what sort of level of skiers you are would help. The Kitzbühel area is better for more advanced skiers as there is some reasonable off piste and steeper slopes. Both areas are good for learners but maybe Skiwelt is the better of the two for that. Personally I would choose Kitzbühel, mainly because of more challenging skiing but I have had many good days in Skiwelt too.

Brixen is probably the livelier of the two villages, it is very popular with Dutch folk and there are a good few bars etc. In terms of skiing the main negative for Brixen is the red home run from the main ski area which almost always has poor snow, unless you are a confident skier dont venture beyond the Jochbahn chair and take the gondola back from Hochbrixen. If the Tanzer run is open that is a nice blue but you need to take a bus back into the village. Conversely the run down from Choralpe / Westendorf is one of the best in the area, there is a short steep "black" section but there is a path alternative if it is a concern.

Kirchberg is a cheaper alternative to Kitzbühel but the village is a bit strung out and not particularly lively, perfectly pleasant though. The lifts are outside of the village centre so you will almost certainly need to take a (very frequent) ski bus.

Both places are good locations for skiing both areas (they are linked make sure you get a Super Ski card) and are connected by trains and buses which are covered by the ski pass
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Munich-Irish, thanks very much for your reply, it is very useful. Yes perhaps I should have said, we ski everything and anything on piste and most off piste too, usually the steeper the better although I wouldn’t consider myself and “expert”! However this year, we are looking for a slightly more gentle time, we have a week in Saalbach first.

Hopefully there is some more snow before we get there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tepg1, in which case I would say Kirchberg. I think Kitzbühel is a better area than Saalbach Hinterglemm, it gives more of a sense of travel and has a greater variety of skiing. It certainly is more interesting than SkiWelt. Assuming good conditions the long ski routes are worth doing, nothing too challenging but nice runs. It is easy to get to and from Skiwelt too when staying in Kirchberg, either bus to the lifts at Brixen or use the connection at KiWest into the Westendorf skiing.

Apres is much livelier in SH so you might be in need of a rest after your week there......

If you buy a two week Super Ski card it will cover SH, Kitzbühel, SkiWelt and a good deal more https://www.superskicard.tirol/en/skimap-super-ski-card-ski-regions-tyrol-kitzbuehel-alps-austria.html

There is likely to be more snow on the way, maybe not so much at village level but good higher up.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy