Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

POC VPD shorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm planning on returning to skiing after a recent accident (broken hip). Someone on the forum very kindly recommended I invested in a pair of POC VPD 2.0 shorts to give me not only the protection I need to avoid injury again but also the confidence to get back out there.

Having read hundreds of reviews it seems these are the best product for the job, however, no matter where I look I cannot find them, at least not in the size I need (Medium). It looks very much to me like they are now out of production and/or POC are keying up to produce another version etc.

Can anyone tell me if these are still available and if so, where can I get a pair from in the UK?

If they are indeed gone, is there an equivalent that offers the same level of protection? I don't really care about cost, just trying to avoid spending another 3 months off my feet!

Thanks in advance!

Simon
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Simon we use POC VPD shorts downhilling - excellent they are too. But an equivalent is made by Forcefield protection in Rushton Northants. Virtually identical and extremely good. Same kind of non-Newtonian polymer protection sections.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
valais2 wrote:
Hi Simon we use POC VPD shorts downhilling - excellent they are too. But an equivalent is made by Forcefield protection in Rushton Northants. Virtually identical and extremely good. Same kind of non-Newtonian polymer protection sections.

Forcefield gear is high quality protection and there are many fans on this forum. Traditionally they have used a honeycomb structured "rubberlike" protection insert although I "think" they are now using a non newtonian type gel in their isolator protection in some new gear. We as a family have both POC VPD gear and forcefield original, while the forcefield takes longer to heat up, conform to body shape and is slightly heavier but it feels like it offers better protection if hitting rocks or anything with a potential to penetrate.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated! I've just ordered a pair of the X-V 2 shorts, fingers crossed!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy