Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mink in the Savoie?

Poster: A snowHead
Driving up from Bourg St Maurice to Les Arcs yesterday I saw a stoat-like animal dash across the road. It was about 30-40cm from nose to tail and had black fur. The closest match I can find to that animal by a quick Google this morning is a Mink. Do they inhabit these parts? Is there a Mink farm around here somewhere that might have had an escape committee at work?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar.org.uk,

Don't know, but my dog got the shock of her life when a rabbit run right across in front of her being chased by a Stoat or a Weasel, I don't know which. Anyway, the Stoat/Weasel thing ran off when she saw the size of the dog - 9 and a half st - and the rabbit wwas saved... Hurrah..!

I guess the point is, that we just don't see these type of animals very much, if ever...!!

Could it be a ferret, or as you say, mink? If so, you'd only need another couple for a Hat...!!!! Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar.org.uk, It could well be. ise saw an ermine on the Swiss slopes a while ago, it was a bit faster than him though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

an ermine on the Swiss slopes

What other country would their Lordships ski in?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT wrote:
Could it be a ferret

Do ferrets come in black? The only ferrets I've seen have been brown, and what I saw was defintely jet black.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar.org.uk, There are black squirels, about the same (small) size as the English red.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, quite possibly a polecat.
I saw some golden eagles in Tignes last week.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We saw a mountain vole running up a piste in Bacqueira last year. Feisty little thing - and bigger than you would imagine a vole to be.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, There are black squirels, about the same (small) size as the English red.

I've seen a black squirrel (in La Tania a few years ago) and what I saw yesterday wasn't a squirrel. It was definitely stoat/ferret/mink/polecat-like, with a long body, stubby little legs, pointy snout and shortish tail.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I saw a tiny shrew like thing attempt to run accross the long double drag that used to run out of Plagne Bellcote. The boarder accross from me accidently doubled the number of pieces. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I forgot to say that my mate saw a mountain hare in Tignes last week - he was watching a snoball rolling down the hill and was much amazed to see it change direction and start rolling back up the hill Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar.org.uk, Sounds very like a polecat ... quite common ... but if you've just discovered the Black Marmotte ....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Montalbert last week we saw a small deer run across the piste underneath the Adrets chairlift. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
In Montalbert last week we saw a small deer run across the piste underneath the Adrets chairlift. Very Happy

I told you it was a huge marmotte not a deer Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, We have a mutual Italian friend who could cook it !!
ski holidays
Mouth, boredsurfin, I have enjoyed a marmot casserole (up mountain in E.Switzerland).
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk,

No idea if Ferrets come in black..... Horrible little shites anyway IMO.... Laughing
snow conditions
Pine Martins they be, ask the KEEPER. Little Angel
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, not sure about France, but here in Bavaria and Austria we get a lot of stone martens. They live all over the place including right in the middle of the cities. The reason I know this is that the little b*ggers have developed a taste for the plastic shielding that car manufacturers use for electrical insulation. It seems that BMWs are particularly tasty! At any rate you quite frequently hear of people getting in their car only to discover that a 'Marder' has caused thousands of euros of damage:shock: Once you start having problems with them it seems that they are bloody difficult to get rid of, because they fight out territorial battles under your engine hood ( yes that means that they are in there pissing on your distributor ). A colleague of mine ended up getting the whole of his engine compartment sealed with wire netting to get rid of the little f*ckers. That was at the end of a long and increasing desperate chain of measures to master the problem Shocked
snow report
Are the marmottes out yet?
snow report
Quote:
Mink in the Savoie?

There's plenty in Megève and Courchevel 1850.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy