Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One for Scarlet & Adithorp

Poster: A snowHead
Right hand tape on the left & left hand tape on the right Cool

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a confused right-hander, the one on the left makes no sense to me Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Us lefties want to hold the roll in our right hand and pull off the tape with our left hand & that way the tape is the correct way up. So the roll on the right is the left handed tape. Simples Cool Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@spyderjon, I get it, it's just that's the same way that I would do it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarlet wrote:
@spyderjon, I get it, it's just that's the same way that I would do it.

You're a closet leftie then Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@spyderjon, confused rightie Toofy Grin I blame my dad, who was a proper leftie Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am right handed but would choose the left-hand one as well. Though I do abseil left handed as well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@spyderjon, I'm a rightie and would hold the roll with my right and pull with the left, so if you then cut with scissors you can dangle the roll and snippidy snip with scissors in your right hand.

I think it's you who's the confused leftie.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@spyderjon, I'm a rightie and would hold the roll with my right and pull with the left, so if you then cut with scissors you can dangle the roll and snippidy snip with scissors in your right hand.

I think it's you who's the confused leftie.
+1
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am a rightie. I hold the roll of tape in my left hand, pull the tape with my right, dangle the roll while I swap the tape into my left hand so I can cut the tape with my right hand. I can't imagine pulling the tape with my left hand. it just seems wrong.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:

...I think it's you who's the confused leftie.

Aren't there enough political threads? Toofy Grin

Not sure why I got dragged into this, apart from at first reading, thinking [b]@scarlet[b/] was suggesting in the other thread that [b]@spyderjon[b/] was packing boxes while upside down.

Perhaps I should declare my left handedness, though technically I'm cross dextrous. I do some things left or right handed depending on whether it's a single or two handed task (like playing cricket I bowl left landed but bat right handed).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
adithorp wrote:
.....like playing cricket I bowl left landed but bat right handed.

+1
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@spyderjon, I'm a rightie and would hold the roll with my right and pull with the left, so if you then cut with scissors you can dangle the roll and snippidy snip with scissors in your right hand......

I don't use scissors. Some of us have our own teeth wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:

...I think it's you who's the confused leftie.

Aren't there enough political threads?

Not sure why I got dragged into this, apart from at first reading, thinking [b]@scarlet[b/] was suggesting in the other thread that [b]@spyderjon[b/] was packing boxes while upside down.

Perhaps I should declare my left handedness, though technically I'm cross dextrous. I do some things left or right handed depending on whether it's a single or two handed task (like playing cricket I bowl left landed but bat right handed).

batting is funny because it is two handed. It is not obvious whether your strong hand should be top or bottom so lots of people bowl right and bat "left". You often get a style difference between the two (strong top hand tend to be elegant offside players, strong bottom hand tend to be stronger through the legside).

The real oddballs bowl and THROW with different hands!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I can't bowl with either arm, but I think that just makes me not a bowler! I'm dominant right, but can do quite a lot of things with both hands and often switch halfway through a task. My left is stronger – I can't carry a bag on my right side. Many years ago, my bf tried to teach me the guitar, but we gave up when he realised that I needed a left-handed one!
ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:
I can't bowl with either arm, but I think that just makes me a girl!

Fixed it for you Toofy Grin wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 19-12-19 17:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@adithorp, I'd put it down to not wasting my time playing the second most boring sports-ball game Toofy Grin
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
I am a rightie. I hold the roll of tape in my left hand, pull the tape with my right, dangle the roll while I swap the tape into my left hand so I can cut the tape with my right hand. I can't imagine pulling the tape with my left hand. it just seems wrong.

Tape faff.

spyderjon wrote:
I don't use scissors. Some of us have our own teeth wink

Does that mean the box I received yesterday covered in Piste Office tape had your slobber all over it?
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
.....Does that mean the box I received yesterday covered in Piste Office tape had your slobber all over it?

And I didn't even charge you extra Laughing
snow report
A confirmed right hander, I'd use the tape on the right too Very Happy with teeth or even in one of those tape dispensers used in parcel shops that I'd stick left and pull to right hand side before twisting it to make the cutty teeth work.
I suppose a leftie would have to use one of those with the opposite tape then Very Happy

My feet seem to work both ways though for driving.
snow report
adithorp wrote:
Scarlet wrote:
I can't bowl with either arm, but I think that just makes me a girl!

Fixed it for you Toofy Grin wink

NehNeh
ski holidays
I'm another confused right-hander - wear a watch like a leftie, use knife and fork like a leftie, carry a whip (when on a horse) in my left hand. Obviously when not on a horse I use my right hand (thought I'd better get that in before @adithorp).
ski holidays
Tom Doc wrote:
....Obviously when not on a horse I use my right hand (thought I'd better get that in before @adithorp).

Hmm, really?

Don't get me started on on right-handers use of knife, fork and spoons rolling eyes
ski holidays
@adithorp, MrHL...drives me mad as he rips food apart instead of cutting.
latest report
The difinitive test is which hand you use for ......"teenage kicks". Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy