Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

valluga

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
am in st anton for a few days end of jan and am thinking about a bit of off piste whilst i am there....... have never being off the valluga, wondered what it's like? i understand you need a guide which is fine..... have done some steepish stuff in the past (north face of the premocou in tignes) but i was a bit younger and less sensible in those days...... thoughts appreciated
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ajc2260626, it is of red run steepness and not difficult in good conditions. As there is a cliff below the first pitch it is absolutely essential that the visibility is good and the avalanche risk is low. If you can't see where you are going then you could easily get yourself into serious trouble. Similarly, if you get slid on the first pitch and are carried off your feet, you are basically screwed. I say this as a guide is mandatory for the lift, not the ski. You can boot it, although I have never done this.

Warnings aside, it's a great ski. Go do it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've not done it - basically too tight to pay for a guide and, if I did, my wife would want to go, and that would freak me out (ie she could get into trouble and I could not help). That said, I have seen the videos and looked at the take-off point from the top. If the snow and visibility are good, then it looks very doable for a strong skier. "Strong" versus the need to be (pick someone) like the late Doug Coombes.

Yes, the first pitch is not somewhere you want to lose it, but after the col at Rogspitze, the going looks pretty mellow.

Whether you do Valluga Nord or not, there will be plenty of great off piste in the Arlberg, given reasonable conditions.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A very nice trip in right conditions. As stated above, low avi risk is essential. The skiing is not extremly difficult, however, you should be a confident offpiste skier and not be stressed about steep parts below you. A fantastic run into Zürs in the right conditions Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Since the guide is obligatory, he/she will do the avalanche check, logically... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Langerzug, do you always choose to post in a snarky unhelpful manner? It seems you rarely choose to post with the intent of being friendly and helpful. That’s a shame.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ajc2260626, long time ago now but here are some pics from Valluga West and North face. We also hiked up a 3rd time when boot pack in place (approx 30 mins)

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=74533
(Pics now only seem to work properly in landscape mode on iPhone?)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Langerzug, the route is easily reached without a guide, as per BobinCH's post above. Hence the warning on avalanche conditions.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here’s the bootpack day
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=74877

And the full spiel
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=74877
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ajc2260626, did it a few years ago with a few friends on here, fabulous route, exposed and again reiterating the need for low av risk and definitely with a guide. Tricky entry...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@nozawaonsen, too many people showing off here. Hence my remark. We need a bit more modesty, and less -virtual- showing off.
That would be helpfull, really.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy