Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wedze MIPS helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Buying a new helmet for my 14 yo. Decathlon seem to have a good helmet with a MIPS system that fits her well. I don't know anything about their manufacturing or reputation though, anyone know what they're like? I'm assuming they have to meet the same standards, or should we keep going and look at giro, Salomon, Smith etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jonathanco, On their website they describe themselves as a brand, so I doubt they make anything themselves and just design or rebrand generic products. There is nothing wrong with this as very few brands actually manufacture anything themselves.

As you mention they wouldn't be able to sell the helmet if it wasn't up to standard, and the MIPS organisation certainly wouldn't allow their tag to be used. Provided you can see the yellow MIPS slip layer under the helmet then it should be valid.

The fit is the most important aspect of the helmet (followed by the colour of course Very Happy)

"Wed'ze, which was created in 2006, is Decathlon's ski, snowboard and sledge brand. From downhill skiing, to freeriding to freestyling, Wed'ze's philosophy is to introduce the joy of snow sports to everyone, irrespective of level or style.

Wed'ze's design centre is located in the heart of the French Alps, in the legendary Mont-Blanc valley, as close as possible to the ski resorts. It's here, through contact with skiers and snowboarders, that Wed'ze's team of designers, garment designers, product managers and engineers work together to devise and design technical equipment to meet the needs and desires of sportsmen and women, with just one goal in mind: customer satisfaction."

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 15-12-19 20:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wed'ze clothe the majority of french holiday skiers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@PowderAdict,

ok thanks, all seems good. Agree re the colour, but in this case seems to matter more to me Smile Sounds like we should just get it and be glad to save the money over a different brand.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jonathanco, fwiw I've just bought a decathlon lid to replace my Rossi that met a rock offpiste last year.... as @PowderAdict says, they have to meet the standard... as for the colour, so long as the kid's wearing it, it doesn't really matter.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy