Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another knee post... numbness and occasional pain...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My 44 year old wife fell in Verbier in February and injured her knee. She is a personal trainer so was p1ssed-off about it (and somehow managed to blame me for the fall! Confused ) She was pretty immobile for about 4 weeks but after about 12 weeks she was trainings about 85-90% again. She did complain about periodic discomfort/pain on the outside of her right knee (suggesting ACL, LCL or Miniscus damage?). This was particularly apparent during any jumping exercises. She refused to see a doctor or physio! rolling eyes

She does have a neoprene support sleeve purchased off amazon which seems to help... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S35Z9KG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?tag=amz07b-21?.

She says she still has some numbness on the outside of her knee and occasional discomfort but it does go and does not stop her doing any sort of exercise including road running.

We are off to Val d’Isere in a couple of weeks. I was going to recommend that she skis with her support sleeve on.

Will the basic neoprene sleeve be enough? She doesn’t want a bulky brace. Is numbness on the outside of the knee normal after an injury?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@1556garyt,

Do bear in mind if you advise her incorrectly you will also be blamed for that. Very Happy

However, her problem is that she doesnt have a diagnosis.

You may as well, in that case, tell her to stick with the one she has.

The numbness is not normal and suggests either that the knee sleeve is too tight or that she sustained an

Injury to one of the nerves in the leg. That probably warrants a look because they can be associated with significant ligament injuries.

Jonathan Bell
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy