Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best goggle colour lens for snowy/cloudy/low vis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Question in the title, but heading out to Les Arcs for Christmas week and wondered if we need to consider alternative goggles (have been lucky with sunny weather on previous, later season trips). Any advice?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Different people prefer different colours.

The main choices are Yellow/Cinnamon/Vermilion/Pink....which all help with maximising contrast.

I like Oakley Prizm (Hi Pink or Rose[more versatile])
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Me and the OH went for the Prizm lens in our flight decks.
She has Rose and I went for Torch.

The rose is more versatile than the Hi Pink. The OH only uses the Rose in all conditions. I ski in the the torch lens in all conditions apart from Blue Bird, when the sunnies go on (prizm lens in them as well).

I have to say, when swapping from a cheapish low vis goggle to the prizm (even the more all round rose or even more all rounder torch) made a huge difference. Best purchase of ski gear so far.

The main benefit is the contrast. Seeing those lumps and bumps that perhaps a poorer lens might not make stand out.

You can’t go too wrong with the Prizms. Go for a more all round lens if you don’t like the faff or changing goggles or lens. Or you can get two different lens at different ends of the spectrum and change on the go.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This question gets asked every week if you do a search.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rose tinted always
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Smith Chromapop yellow flash works best for my eyes, better than the rose version, but everyone is individual, depends on your own eyes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy