Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter tyres - Turin to Bardonecchia/Sauze

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Booked a short trip to Bardonecchia (with a visit to Sauze or Montgenevre thrown in) for the first week of March. Flying into Turin and looking at car rental options.

Everyone offering chains included as per the law but struggling to find a hire company that will give me winter tyres which I'd rather (and then buy cheap chains if required).

Anyone rented from Turin recently who can advise which companies have winter tyres? Or even if I'd get by without them and just chains considering the run to Bardonecchia looks virtually all carriage way? How about if we drive up the Sauze? Looks a bit more hairpin like so thinking more winter tyres for that!

This is obviously in advance for the mega dumps of snow I'm predicting for that week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Even if you get winter tyres an Italian driver will overtake you on summer ones then hold you up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So you want someone else to sort out your holiday ?

If you go through the rental companies and the cars you will find some offered with winter tires, what you won't find in Italy, in Turin, is all vehicles with winter tire options.

For example Budget offer the Fiat 500L with snow tires and optional chains, that is their only offer with winter tires. You'll have to go through the other hire companies to see what they have to offer. Budget are based at the airport I believe.

The Bardonecchia road can get snowbound. The speed limit is officially 50kph when there is snow on the road.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof wrote:
So you want someone else to sort out your holiday ?

If you go through the rental companies and the cars you will find some offered with winter tires, what you won't find in Italy, in Turin, is all vehicles with winter tire options.

For example Budget offer the Fiat 500L with snow tires and optional chains, that is their only offer with winter tires. You'll have to go through the other hire companies to see what they have to offer. Budget are based at the airport I believe.

The Bardonecchia road can get snowbound. The speed limit is officially 50kph when there is snow on the road.

No. Holiday is sorted thanks.

Just after some advice. Thank you for yours.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs wrote:
Even if you get winter tyres an Italian driver will overtake you on summer ones then hold you up.

I’d assume a small engined Fiat of some type being revved until the spark plugs dance on the bonnet! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy