Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone seen anything for this years Ski Sunday - it doesn't look like they're doing a program this year?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ratkinsonuk, what, why ever not?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Who knows, but I've been hunting all over the Net and can't find any sign of it. I know it won't air until early January, but I'd normally expect to see some schedules by now.

I think it's pretty poor they can't show more winter sports instead of the endless cooking and gardening drivel we have to put up with week after week.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Back on Jan 5th

https://twitter.com/suecoates75/status/1202624342158385153
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks @nbt, great to see they've not been canned just yet..... I'll pop the 5th Jan in the diary!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
it is odd that it doesn't even get a mention on the BBC Sport website page for Winter Sports https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's one of those programmes the BBC have let fall into a decline over the years.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Funny, I thought exactly the same yesterday and started looking but no joy! Glad it's back. Satisfies the itch slightly until we get out onto the pistes.

I am thinking about signing up to Eurosports however, to watch the Alpine/Downhill stuff as it only seems to be shown on there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad it's back, it's just a shame that they only cover such a short amount of the season. By the time they start coverage we will of already had (at least) Solden, Killington, Lake Louise, Beever Creek, Val D, Levi etc etc. I watch through Eurosport player, which is pretty decent. I really enjoy when Graham and Ed did 'High Altitude', it was great for winter sports enthusiasts, but it got axed for some reason. Probably to make way for all those cookery and gardening shows...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fridge03 wrote:
Funny, I thought exactly the same yesterday and started looking but no joy! Glad it's back. Satisfies the itch slightly until we get out onto the pistes.

I am thinking about signing up to Eurosports however, to watch the Alpine/Downhill stuff as it only seems to be shown on there.

Eurosport coverage is good apart from the slightly annoying commentator. If he says long levers once more I may put my foot through the screen
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CANV CANVINGTON wrote:
Fridge03 wrote:

Eurosport coverage is good apart from the slightly annoying commentator. If he says long levers once more I may put my foot through the screen

Im the same every time Colin Jackson describes someone as rangey.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Heads up for tomorrow.

Special mention for my mate Swifty and his interview with Jenny Jones. A double, below the knee amputee, snowboarder. He's a wee bit good.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Saw the bit about Swify on the BBC website, it's a good bit, hope it all gets onto the main show. Particularly liked him reinforcing his snowboards with chopping boards as he breaks them putting too much pressure down though them!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1 guest wrote:
Special mention for my mate Swifty and his interview with Jenny Jones

It was a very good piece. What I liked the most is the way he almost ignored his injuries (ex soldier in Northeren Ireland), and it was all about having fun and enjoying life. Such a brilliant outlook.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Apart from the Swifty story which was inspirational, the rest of the prog was dire.

Why does it take THREE presenters when David Vine managed it all by himself most of the time? Why fire the professional commentator and replace with GB?

But the worst bit was Chemmy's gushing "it's going to be carnage" when Brexit happens and Bell's terribly useful Brexit advice that we should arm ourselves with pre-paid currency cards. Sorry fans but it was amateur hour.
snow conditions
You have to feel sorry for them though. The BBC give them a pathetic 45 minutes to cram in lots of varied content. It's never really going to work.
snow report
@Pruman, expect long queues and using prepaid currency cards advice is on the gov.uk Brexit website.

Chemmys Shiffrin interview was... Interesting. Quite why she'd brought her a chocolate orange and some guitar picks? Why not a jar of marmite and a penny whistle? Nice to see she resurrected the "eee! I remember you when you was all little!" line from her Vonn interview.
snow conditions
@Richard_Sideways, Guitar picks because she plays guitar obv rolling eyes Laughing . Guitarists love those little things.

The piece about Swifty was good (as a non-boarder) but I thought the Ski Social segement about Brexit was a bit bobbins and scaremongering.
latest report
Quote:
Ski Social segement about Brexit was a bit bobbins and scaremongering.

@halfhand, It sure was and using words like "carnage" for transfer day on 1st Feb is unhelpful and almost certainly wrong. And quite why we need a currency card because of Brexit is just plain dumb even if gov.uk says so. What was Bell trying to say? That other forms of tender would cease to work? I would expect our state broadcaster to offer up some proper considered advice if needed. It just felt a tad politicised. Time for a new format and less amateurism or SS will disappear.
latest report
> Time for a new format

I hear Jeremy Clarkeson is free - wonder how big an engine you can attach to a snowboard Razz
ski holidays
I just caught last episode on catch up today, I have to say, the interview with Swifty was inspirational. The true strength of this mans character is something to be admired.
ski holidays
He wasn't very clear about it, but the point about prepaid currency cards was to get the rate now rather than risk it going down after brexit. It might be good advice (we won't know until it's to late) but it won't be right for everyone.
snow report
1 guest wrote:
Heads up for tomorrow.

Special mention for my mate Swifty and his interview with Jenny Jones. A double, below the knee amputee, snowboarder. He's a wee bit good.

Watched this today, your mate Swifty was inspirational - massive thumbs up to him (and Jenny Jones, who is always good).

Rest of the show was a bit .........meh
ski holidays
thelem wrote:
He wasn't very clear about it, but the point about prepaid currency cards was to get the rate now rather than risk it going down after brexit. It might be good advice (we won't know until it's to late) but it won't be right for everyone.
lol ski Sunday is now an F.X. Trading advisor. He wants to shut up in case some one sues him when he is wrong
snow report
Today's Ski Sunday should have a report by Chemmy Alcott on the Inferno race from Mürren (in which she took part) Smile
snow report
For those craving some snow, Best of Ski Sunday 2020 on this Sunday, 5th April BBC2 6-7pm
latest report
Nice, missed the whole season series, nothing available in bbc iplayer it seems
latest report
jd_evans wrote:
Best of Ski Sunday 2020 on this Sunday, 5th April BBC2 6-7pm

Any idea how they'll fill an hour?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mosha Marc, nope, I'll let you know 7:01pm Sunday wink
snow report
Maybe Ed will freestyle out one of his air guitar solos for 45 mins, while ol' Blue Steel Bell smoulders into the camera...
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Maybe Ed will freestyle out one of his air guitar solos for 45 mins, while ol' Blue Steel Bell smoulders into the camera...

Or let Monsieur Poudreuse loose again?
ski holidays
Has anyone else tried this? (apologies if you don't have FB. It's a video of Graham Bell doing silly stuff at home)

https://www.facebook.com/139949246058094/videos/610732869513751/
snow conditions
jd_evans wrote:
For those craving some snow, Best of Ski Sunday 2020 on this Sunday, 5th April BBC2 6-7pm

At least it is something to look forward to.

I MIGHT even change out of my daytime pajamas to mark the occasion snowHead
ski holidays
Tom Doc wrote:
Has anyone else tried this? (apologies if you don't have FB. It's a video of Graham Bell doing silly stuff at home)

https://www.facebook.com/139949246058094/videos/610732869513751/

We interviewed Graham about his famous 'Hausenkamm' run this earlier this week on The Ski Podcast
https://audioboom.com/posts/7547116-52-the-aspen-ski-thief-graham-bell-s-hausenkamm-andermatt
snow report
May be too late -- but Best of Ski Sunday is on now BBC2
ski holidays
I thought the Best of compilation was very good, including some really inspirational stories.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy