Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tecnica Zero-G Tour Pro - One Year On ...

Poster: A snowHead
@DB, You can put Booster straps on the Zero G, but you would have to remove the standard strap with the quick release.

With sufficient skill you could probably combine the two straps, to have the elasticated front section, with the quick release side Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PowderAdict wrote:
@DB, You can put Booster straps on the Zero G, but you would have to remove the standard strap with the quick release.

With sufficient skill you could probably combine the two straps, to have the elasticated front section, with the quick release side Very Happy

What is this elastic booster strap of which you speak? I had a booster strap on some old Dynafit Titan boots many moons back but I think the purpose was too stiffen the boot at that point? I usually like beefier boots and ski my Nordica Alpine boots when I can, but find the Zero-G pretty good in that regard
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As used by the majority of WC skiers, as you can usually see the buckle under their skin suits:

https://boosterstrap.com/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bobinch

They look they this, the middle part of the strap with "Booster" on it is flexible - great for keeping lower leg to boot cuff contact.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For me the biggest benefit was having no hard end to the flex, as in I could keep pushing, and it didn't hurt my shins. The first set I fitted were the Expert/Racer version as they were on sale, and I could barely move them. They consisted of 3 elasticated straps, and cutting out the first one allowed me to get the feel I wanted.

@BobinCH, Since you are a failrly agressive skier, you might want to go with the Expert/Racer version and if they are too strong, cut one strap off (assuming they are still 3 strap), rather than going for the lower versions Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It certainly is possible to fit booster straps - been there, done it (I also did not like the original Tecnica strap which did not stay tight enough for me)!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PowderAdict wrote:
For me the biggest benefit was having no hard end to the flex, as in I could keep pushing, and it didn't hurt my shins. The first set I fitted were the Expert/Racer version as they were on sale, and I could barely move them. They consisted of 3 elasticated straps, and cutting out the first one allowed me to get the feel I wanted.

@BobinCH, Since you are a failrly agressive skier, you might want to go with the Expert/Racer version and if they are too strong, cut one strap off (assuming they are still 3 strap), rather than going for the lower versions Very Happy

Sounds good. Will look into it
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PowderAdict wrote:
I’ve got over 2700m on mine now over 4 tours, including reaching the summit of this erratic rock in the middle of the glacier on the way to the Fluchthorn (3790m) Very Happy

Warning thread drift :
Snow looks much better than when I was there.
I'm guessing you went up the Wildspitze too?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DB, I don’t recognise the same, a quick search says the Wildspitze is in Austria. Did you mean the Weissmies?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PowderAdict wrote:
@DB, I don’t recognise the same, a quick search says the Wildspitze is in Austria. Did you mean the Weissmies?

Now I realise, there‘s also a mountain called Fluchthorn on the Austrian Swiss border as well as within Switzerland. I was wondering why the height you gave was around 400m higher. Very Happy

https://www.routeyou.com/en-at/location/view/48063294/fluchthorn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluchthorn_(Pennine_Alps)

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PowderAdict wrote:

The other option - people use them in both ways - is to run the booster strap over the liner rather than the shell tongue/overlap. This ties your shin to the spine of the boot (can be helpful if this is stiffer than the tongue/overlap). Depending on the height of the liner and shell it can make your boot "taller" at the front. Both can be useful if you find you are overpowering a lighter touring boot
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jedster, I thought over the liner but under the shell was the recommended way to set up Booster straps?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Between the liner and the shell is the preferred way but some people prefer them outside the shell. Remember seeing at least one WC Racer with them outside the shell during last week's races.

How to install a booster strap
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB wrote:
Remember seeing at least one WC Racer with them outside the shell during last week's races.

Do you remember who that was ? I saw one racer with two booster straps.

All the race boots that I know of have a high enough spine that the booster strap sits above the top of the cuff at the front.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs wrote:
DB wrote:
Remember seeing at least one WC Racer with them outside the shell during last week's races.

Do you remember who that was ? I saw one racer with two booster straps.

All the race boots that I know of have a high enough spine that the booster strap sits above the top of the cuff at the front.

Sorry can't remember who it was but do remember being able to see all the "Booster" which is normally at least partly hidden. Think he had white head boots which narrows it down a little. It could well be he had two pairs of booster straps installed (one over the liner and one over the shell).
snow conditions
I just searched World Cup Skier, and got multiple examples, such as this one with the Booster over the shell:

Skier Booster

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 23-02-21 19:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@PowderAdict, Your picture is a bit too small to see what is going on, the design of all race boots that I know of means that the Booster strap is too high to touch the shell.
latest report
Arno wrote:
@jedster, I thought over the liner but under the shell was the recommended way to set up Booster straps?

Didn't want to suggest that DB had it wrong because I know some people prefer it as he shows it.
But I believe you are right that Booster recommend it under the shell (how I use it).
snow report
@rjs, Picture updated, not sure why the image post was so small as it was 1024x768. The straps defintely appear to be over the shell.
ski holidays
@PowderAdict, I agree, the straps are not touching the shell just the liner.
snow report
jedster wrote:
Didn't want to suggest that DB had it wrong because I know some people prefer it as he shows it.
But I believe you are right that Booster recommend it under the shell (how I use it).

I do actually put the Booster strap under the plastic tongue straight onto the liner when skiing, the pics posted earlier are just how I store them.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 24-02-21 7:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Toofy Grin Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Toofy Grin
snow report
rjs wrote:
@PowderAdict, I agree, the straps are not touching the shell just the liner.

I just looked at my alpine boots (Head Raptor 140 flex) and the standard straps also have a flexible section in them. The standard strap does go over the shell slightly but there is a dotted line with "front support tuning" written on it. Probably one for CEM to explain but it looks like a section can be trimmed so that the strap rests directly on the liner without having to tuck it behind anything.

Just assumed that as I could read the "Booster" on the world cup racer then it wasn't tucked behind anything (tongue/shell) and so wouldn't be sitting directly on liner. Can see if the shell is lower this wouldn't be the case.
latest report
@DB, The shell is lower at the front on Nordica race boots, the picture is of a recreational model. I have Booster straps fitted to an older pair so can probably take a picture if anyone cares.

How you have it on your Dynafit boots seems sensible for a cabrio.
snow conditions
CH2O wrote:
Toofy Grin Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Toofy Grin
\

go on - I'll bite. What's so funny?
ski holidays
What’s the collective wisdom on the best liners for these? I actually really like touring in the stock liners but they are packing out meaning I have to ratchet them up on the descent which is becoming uncomfortable around bony areas. Tried putting my old Intuition Pro Tour (Sole version - hard plastic round leg) in them which improved the down but was much less comfortable on the up. Is there a compromise solution which is still pretty good on the up and doesn’t pack out so easily?
latest report
@BobinCH, Get the Hybrid Tongue liner moulded in the Zero g, if I remember right they were baked in a K2 boot no?
ski holidays
CH2O wrote:
@BobinCH, Get the Hybrid Tongue liner moulded in the Zero g, if I remember right they were baked in a K2 boot no?

Yep moulded for K2 Pinnacle 130. They actually fit fine in the Zero-G and ski great but the added bulk of the liner is a pain on long ups so looking for something lighter and more flexible. And the tongues are broken so not sure a remould would be a good idea. Prepared to five up some downhill performance. Any experience with the Sidas liners? Think I can get one from Anja at No.1.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH, The Sidas is ok, packs a little too quick for the price for our liking, our Hybrid overlap is denser and thicker, does an awesome job, but outta stock until next October.
snow report
CH2O wrote:
@BobinCH, The Sidas is ok, packs a little too quick for the price for our liking, our Hybrid overlap is denser and thicker, does an awesome job, but outta stock until next October.

The Hybrid overlap is the Intuition (the one I’ve got?) or something else?
snow conditions
@BobinCH, We do 2 versions, one with a tongue, the second an overlap liner, think they're on our site. Can't remember which one you have.
latest report
@BobinCH, what size do you need? I have a brand new size 27 Intuition Tour Wrap (https://www.doni-shop.com/de/wintersport/innenschuhe/intuition-tour-wrap-schwarz-26) that I bought this season to sell (I kept/am using the 26s as they fit better).
ski holidays
CH2O wrote:
@BobinCH, We do 2 versions, one with a tongue, the second an overlap liner, think they're on our site. Can't remember which one you have.

I have the ones with the tongue and the plastic reinforcement around the calf
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
@BobinCH, what size do you need? I have a brand new size 27 Intuition Tour Wrap (https://www.doni-shop.com/de/wintersport/innenschuhe/intuition-tour-wrap-schwarz-26) that I bought this season to sell (I kept/am using the 26s as they fit better).

I am a size 27 so that could work although understood ROM is worse in a wrap liner? Was looking for something that would have a ROM closer to the stock liner which is super comfortable on the 3-4 hr climbs we’ve been doing and will need for Haute Route.
latest report
Intuition tour liners liners = 5,6 & 7 in this list (the pro tour comes in a low and medium volume)
https://www.theskierslounge.co.uk/ski-boot-liners/intuition-boot-liners

BobinCH wrote:
And the tongues are broken so not sure a remould would be a good idea.

If they are removable (velcro attachment at bottom of the tongue) then it might be worth replacing the tongues and doing a remould until you can get your hands on something better.

There's a "stock" and a "power" tongue.
https://intuitionliners.com/shop/pro-tour-tongues/

https://www.sport-doni.com/en/online-shop.html

Have had both tongue and wrap-around Intuition touring liners. The first is better on the way up while the second on the way down.

The pro tour probabaly sits inbetween your stock liners and the tour wrap around liner for downhill performance.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 1-03-21 19:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
BobinCH wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

I am a size 27 so that could work although understood ROM is worse in a wrap liner? Was looking for something that would have a ROM closer to the stock liner which is super comfortable on the 3-4 hr climbs we’ve been doing and will need for Haute Route.

The only tongue liner I can compare them to is the Dalbello Lupo liners they replaced, but other than that one day (Dec 2020) I've been skiing wraps only the last 4-5 years so not sure I'd put much weight on my opinion! With the flex zone cut-out thing on the Tour Wrap I didn't notice any real difference going up, just that the wraps were a lot more supportive going down - but the Lupo's probably don't have as much ROM as a more dedicated touring boot, so if your boots have more ROM you might notice more of a difference. On wrap vs Tongue, Intuition say: "Totally personal preference. Wraps have a slightly stiffer, more progressive flex and are a better option for a large calf. Tongues have a bit more tour-ability and softer flex." So maybe not what you're looking for!
latest report
These are the old ones I have - replacement tongues is a good idea! Does baking them make a big difference if they already fit fine? Don’t the liners mould anyway after a few days in them?
https://www.solesportslabs.com/product-page/sole-intuition-hybrid-pro-tour-ski-boot-liners
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

The only tongue liner I can compare them to is the Dalbello Lupo liners they replaced, but other than that one day (Dec 2020) I've been skiing wraps only the last 4-5 years so not sure I'd put much weight on my opinion! With the flex zone cut-out thing on the Tour Wrap I didn't notice any real difference going up, just that the wraps were a lot more supportive going down - but the Lupo's probably don't have as much ROM as a more dedicated touring boot, so if your boots have more ROM you might notice more of a difference. On wrap vs Tongue, Intuition say: "Totally personal preference. Wraps have a slightly stiffer, more progressive flex and are a better option for a large calf. Tongues have a bit more tour-ability and softer flex." So maybe not what you're looking for!

Thanks. Any idea what they weigh? The stock liners are super light/thin and only weigh about 200g. The Tour pros are much beefier in comparison and that definitely impacts the ROM
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
These are the old ones I have - replacement tongues is a good idea! Does baking them make a big difference if they already fit fine? Don’t the liners mould anyway after a few days in them?
https://www.solesportslabs.com/product-page/sole-intuition-hybrid-pro-tour-ski-boot-liners

If I moved liners from one shell to another I'd remould them as the shell forms are different between boot models - this might be why you are feeling local pressure points.
Do you take the liners out of the boots to dry?
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:

Thanks. Any idea what they weigh? The stock liners are super light/thin and only weigh about 200g. The Tour pros are much beefier in comparison and that definitely impacts the ROM

According to my kitchen scales haha, 230g per foot. Google says 380-520g, which I assume must be per pair.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy