Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre-Christmas; Morzine, Les Gets, Avoriaz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Told I'm going to Geneva to work 18-20 Dec. Hoping to grab 2-3 days after so would like a short transfer. I don't want to break the bank. Red runs mainly.

PDS looks good, I think Morzine/Les Gets should do me, but I'm reading that they're barely open at that time and Avoriaz may be a safer bet.

I won't use all of a PDS lift pass in that short time so I was trying to limit to one sub-sector.

Anyone got any thoughts on that, and particularly where/how I could find accommodation for an apparently awkward pre-Christmas weekend? Booking.com wasn't very sympathetic to my requests!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Gets full opening is programmed from 21st Link here https://en.lesgets.com/i-want/glisse/hours.html
but that is dependant on conditions.
If you have a hire car staying in the valley may give you more flexible options Taninges, Cluses or Sallanches would give good choice of PDS, Grand Massif or Megeve amongst many others.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Much of Chamonix Vallee opens 14th.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Chamonix--France/homes?refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fhomes&place_id=ChIJ5y7-LQZMiUcRgKO65CqrCAQ&source=mc_search_bar&search_type=section_navigation&screen_size=large&checkin=2019-12-20&checkout=2019-12-23&adults=1&room_types%5B%5D=Entire%20home%2Fapt&last_search_session_id=0eba1665-dbf8-4370-aafb-dc6c7d912d21
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Of the three you listed I'd probably stay in Morzine and leave buying a lift pass till you get there. If the snow's good and there's lots open in Morzine/Les Gets, go for that. If not get an Avoriaz pass and either ski across/bus to Prodains (depending on snow).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Orange200,
Try the Mont Rond hotel in Montriond B&B.
There is a free regular bus that shuttles you up to Ardent telecabin from outside the hotel in 10min.
Plus a Pizzeria and a great little pub/Tabac in Montriond that does food too so thats your evening sorted.
From Ardent you have access to Avoriaz, Chatel and Champery.
RE: skiing which area.........
If you want to stick to One area, go for Avoriaz..... However there should be a discounted PdS pass that week which reflects that not all the Pistes are open.
(Also discounted because.... even if they had bucket loads of snow all over the PdS that week the lift companies would still not open all the pistes as they keep some back for the Christmas and New Year, they don't have all their Pisteurs, helicopters and other support workers).
Other Cheap options are the Chalet Sherpa in Morzine with Jolly Good Holidays or a shared dorm room at the hide out Hostel.
http://www.hotel-montrond.com/
https://www.jollygood.com
https://hideout-hostel.com
Id probably use Skiidy or Ski-lifts for a shared transfer as they have the most vans.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Awesome detail, many thanks!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And a link to the Free bus from Montriond.

Its the 'M' Bus.

https://www.morzine-avoriaz.com/medias/documents/documentation/documentation-CCHCBUS-FR.pdf
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@@247snowman, I may regret not following your advice but finally I’ve booked a room at the Igloo in central Morzine, Fri night - Tue morning. Tourist office got me a price 10% cheaper than Booking.com though not sure if it was the same room.

My next mission is to get a good price on boots skis and pass, but I guess that depends on the pass and whether I limit to Avoriaz or go wider if as said there’s a partial pass those days.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd say that Igloo is a very good choice - easy walk to both the Pleney (for Morzine slopes) & Super Morzine for Avoriaz and right in the centre (as you probably worked out prior to booking!)- while we were elsewhere in Morzine, some friends of ours stayed there earlier this year and were very happy, indeed they are returning there again in March. Snow looks good at the moment, so have a great trip!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice one . As @Loganberry, says Igloo hotel a good location.
Good for accessing Avoriaz via ‘Super Morzine’ gondola or Morzine/Les Gets slopes via Plenny.
Good food and beer to be had near the Igloo at The Bec Juane Brewery.
Good pizzas at Beanies on the route du Bourg.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smile Are there lockers available for kit near the lift base, or do I take it back to the hotel? I’ve been spoiled in Andorra renting from the ski shop slopeside which has lockers, so while apartment is only 250m away even that distance is walked in normal shoes without planks on shoulders!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Orange200, there are lockers underneath the Pleney lift.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Orange200, I used to use the Igloo a lot. Good location.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arrived and taking part in the weather report thread. Rain this morning in Morzine but snow above 1300m. Igloo got me 10% off PdS pass which I bought (€135) as Morzine/LG was looking dodgy, and that price for 3 days was much the same as Avoriaz. Also 25% off ski hire at intersport by SuperMorzine, I got Blizzard Rawhide, either they or I am not great. I can store there end of day so no walking in ski boots. Very cloudy in Avoriaz, I’m hiding in the trees around Lindarets, and played a bit in the Stash. Visibility rubbish outside trees, not nice for first day in strange resort. Might be clearing this afternoon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy