Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prize Draw.... see the results!

Poster: A snowHead
[edit: Results now in, some great successes for snowHeads snowHead snowHead snowHead ]

...to give to a deserving cause!
(Sure I started a thread on this somewhere, but can"t find it Puzzled)

Prizes:
- A week's ski holiday for two courtesy of Rocketski (flights, transfers, lift passes, half-board)
- A week's summer self-catering accommodation in a Deux Alpes apartment (for 4)
- A week's race training at the British Ski Academy, Les Houches
- Black & Decker strimmer
- Lots of other 'small' stuff

In support of the British Children's Ski Team

The draw is on Tuesday in Méribel, but I'll accept pledges!

£1 per ticket.

Contact me by PM before tomorrow night (Monday) if you would like to help snowHead

Thanks,
Pete

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 12-04-06 5:52; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

A week's ski holiday for two courtesy of Rocketski (flights, transfers, lift passes, half-board)
- A week's summer self-catering accommodation in a Deux Alpes apartment (for 4)
- A week's race training at the British Ski Academy, Les Houches

and then:
Quote:

Black & Decker strimmer
Great prizes but the 4th just cracked me up. Bit like the van I saw that had
London * New York * Paris * Hartlepool on the side Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy Laughing

And I didn't mention the gifts (no description on tickets) from the Cardiff Subaru dealer!! (Subaru Forester, Tribeca? Pint of oil? Don't count on it being the former wink)

Ok at the risk of further derision Very Happy, you could also be the lucky winner of a cashmere jumper (no size given), 'clothing accessories', sports equipment and vouchers from Trespass, Kidski, Bollé and Terry Bartlett. And, quote, "much much more!!"
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does everyone else "recycle" raffle prizes, or is it just me?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer, have to say I don't know what I would do with a ski holiday prize, but I could really do with a Black & Decker strimmer! If someone wins the strimmer and I got the holiday, swap? Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PG, deal! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, when I were a kid we had a catering size tin of baked beans that went through the athletic club's xmas draw for about 5 years running rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, I've got a lovely Stihl petrol strimmer that I am willing to swap wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, done snowHead.

Though I hope no one wins the week's stay and training at Malcolm Erskine's British Ski Academy in Les Houches. There's bound to be an age limit. Apparently Marc Gledhill may qualify, but are there any other snowHeads prize ticket owners that are not only big kids at heart, but are relatively young in years?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
PS, after the main prize of the week's stay and training at Malcolm Erskine's British Ski Academy in Les Houches, I've just been told that the booby prize is a fortnight's stay at the same establishment Wink.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The results are now in......

We have some winners!!

The first name out of the hat (or bucket, there were some 2,500 raffle tickets in there altogether), the proud owner of a wheeled ski bag from Terry Bartletts......

rob@rar

Next prize up for offer was a set of wheeled luggage from T.B.'s and the winner....

rob@rar

What are the odds against that given that he didn't buy 2,500 tickets himself, and each ticket was neatly folded and the bucket well and truly stirred?

Third prize (clothing) and the winner?

rob@rar

At which point they decided to put his ticket back in and give the bucket a shake as well as a stir rolling eyes ...

A pause while the Earl and Countess of Wessex were brought in to do the serious stuff, podium race winners etc, and then the biggest raffle prizes.

The top prize - week's ski holiday for two, fully inclusive of flights, half-board, was won by ... a snowHead. Can't mention his/her name as yet until I've let him/her know pivately...

The second prize - a week's race training at the British Ski Academy for a child or junior has been won by ... another snowHead. Not sure he/she will quite qualify in terms of age! Again, I'll let him/her know privately first.

Various other bits and bobs (a set of Subaru dusters, that sort of thing Very Happy) also won by a couple of snowHeads, so a grand effort by snowHeads in terms of backing the British Children's Team has been justly rewarded!

Fantastic that the Rocketski holiday has been won by a snowHead for whom I reckon it's absolutely perfect snowHead snowHead

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 11-04-06 18:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've never won a raffle prize before, so to win a prize here is very nice. To win two is quite amazing. To win three would have been very embarrasing, so I'm glad they stuck my ticket back in!

Good news that the ski holiday has gone to a snowHead Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well done snowhead whoever you are ! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Desperatley scrolls up to see if any PMs have arrived Very Happy Very Happy Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG, Did you win the strimmer? Laughing
ski holidays
I bet it was Johnboy that won it - he's always winning things! Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, sorry, I think you were the only person (apart from me) not to win something! Confused No strimmer for you Sad
ski holidays
PG, As they say in The Boro, its not the winning that counts, but the taking apart. wink
latest report
Cathy Coins, no not Johnboy. A clue - it was virtually a 2005 E.O.S.B. clean sweep!
snow conditions
PG wrote:
The results are now in......

We have some winners!!

The first name out of the hat rob@rar

Next prize up rob@rar

Third prize (clothing) and the winner? rob@rar

The top prize was won by ... a snowHead.

The second prize - won by ... another snowHead.

Various other bits and bobs also won by a couple of snowHeads

the Rocketski holiday has been won by a snowHead

Is there a whiff of the farmyard about this, or did they only sell about ten tickets.
ski holidays
marc gledhill, Very Happy, are you accusing His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex aka The Prince Edward of conniving to fix the draw? Laughing

They sold 2,500+ £1 tickets, but I reckon snowHeads (that I know about) coughed up not far short of £400.00.
snow report
the suspense is killing us...... please spill the beans or the poo-poo Laughing
snow report
Can we start a book off on who has won ?
snow conditions
hibernia, only when I have permission from the major prizewinners (who have been notified by PM), and I regret to say that if you did win something it would only have been a Subaru ice scraper or similar Confused
snow conditions
So it wasn't you then, Mr Mason Puzzled Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:
... a Subaru ice scraper ...

I just Googled that, and got this:

http://www.andywhittaker.com/subaru/images/Scooby4.jpg
latest report
PG has informed me that I am the proud winner of...

some Subaru Dusters.

Given, I am sure, that the air-freight costs will outweigh the monetary value of such an offering (albeit not taking into account the undoubted pleasure of owning), I have asked PG if he would like to award these at the BLAM next week, possibly for anyone attempting to clean up (do you see what I've done there?) at the end-of-week ceremonies.

Enjoy yourselves over the next weeks, everyone lucky/organised enough to be going to BLAM or EOSB.

Work those quads, earn those dusters!
ski holidays
Congratulations Rob, and all the other winners Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
I've never won a raffle prize before, so to win a prize here is very nice. To win two is quite amazing. To win three would have been very embarrasing, so I'm glad they stuck my ticket back in!
Yes, sad to say you'll have to wait until next year to make another attempt for the cashmere jumper!
latest report
nbt wrote:
Congratulations Rob, and all the other winners Smile
Not quite so sure how pleased the winner of the week's stay at the British Ski Academy is! When Her Royal Highness enquired about the lucky winner, I did gabble something about it being rather rude to mention a lady's age Wink
snow report
Quote:
The second prize - a week's race training at the British Ski Academy for a child or junior has been won by ... another snowHead. Not sure he/she will quite qualify in terms of age!

That's me Very Happy How cool is that Very Happy
I can't believe it, I didn't buy the tickets to win anything really, just to help the cause, and now I've won a week's race training for a junior! Unfortunately my juniors are a bit too senior, so it will have to go to someone more deserving. Very Happy
ski holidays
THUD Oi PG, watch where you're dropping those names will you!
latest report
RachelQ, well done. I'm sure you'll have no problems finding a worthy home for it.
snow report
Who won first prize do we know yet ?
latest report
Ah well Paul Mason, it could have been you... or did you put a tenner on the 1430 at Catterick instead? Wink snowHead
ski holidays
Thsi is aclue ... Wink
snow conditions
And the winner is - ME!

PG said last night that he thought it may have been me, and Jenny Shute from snowsports GB just called me to confirm - woop! Given our severe shortage of cash it was looking like next year could well have been our first ever year without skiing - so that's one less thing to worry about

right, now to find the most expensive hotel in the brochure....

Shocked Shocked Smile Toofy Grin Very Happy Cool snowHead snowHead Laughing Shock Shock and various other emoticons to express surpise, general happines adn well-being (and peace and love to all people, dudes and dudettes)

a very suprised and shocked and generally overjoyed NBT Smile
snow report
Aaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

NBT Cool

Well done NBT well deserved by you both snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Congratulations to all the winners (and participants)! snowHead
ski holidays
Congrats nbt and all the others, I'm guessing there's a part of Manchester with a smiley snowcloud hovering over it now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy