Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire - possible car equivalents

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am about to book car hire (again!).

The booking says “Seat Leon Estate or similar”

(No class given).

Any ideas what could be deemed at similar, as a Leon estate will give us sufficient room for bags but not sure what other cars fall into that category (as no category given), any experience or any ideas how I can find out?

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, I can only vouch for Europcar (part of the group I work for). That category is 'compact estate' and also includes Ford Focus Estate, VW Golf Estate, Kia ceed Estate Sportswagon, Skoda Octavia Estate.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@queenie pretty please, thanks so much. Will check all of those boot capacities as well.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The leon estate has a fairly small boot as estates go, probably no bigger than most family hatchbacks. Something like a mondeo has a bigger boot.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ,

The Leon is the Seat version of a Golf/a3 (pretty much the same chassis as all are VAG group) So a Leon estate will be the same as a golf estate or octavia estate or similar, think slightly smaller than an A4 avant- or merc C class estate, still plenty of room for 4 people and luggage (skis on the roof)

In my experience the car you get loosely follows the location you rent in, I’ve had alphas or fiats in Italy and Renaults and Citroen’s in France (I hate French cars)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In theory we just need a car the same capacity or bigger as a Seat Toledo but that car is pretty unique in its class for its boot capacity.

After checking the others in list decided to pay £20 more through Expedia and get a Standard Estate to be on safe side!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@NickyJ, you'll be given a Citroen Berlingo spoo
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That looks fine - have no issue get the luggage in. Just as long as we can get us all in with our luggage don’t care what it is.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NickyJ, if you're that worried about luggage space, can you not hire a slightly larger car ? shouldn't be much more than £30-£40 extra ??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timberwolf wrote:
@NickyJ, if you're that worried about luggage space, can you not hire a slightly larger car ? shouldn't be much more than £30-£40 extra ??

See my 16:52. That’s what I did after checking the other possible cars
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
These things can be a pain. I once rented an estate with a big back, specifically to get my mother's wheelchair in. We were given a substitute, in theory from a "better" category but it was a real battle to get the wheelchair in - a battle which had to be repeated throughout the week my mother was with us. My grumbles went unheeded. That was Gva.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NickyJ wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:

Haha, read the whole thread !!! Embarassed Embarassed glad you got it sorted
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timberwolf wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:

Haha, read the whole thread !!! Embarassed Embarassed glad you got it sorted

Happy not a problem. It does annoy me when they don’t like to publish a definitive list of what they class as equivalents, because at the end of the day I will pay more if necessary but would rather not if I don’t have to.

The seat Leon estate would be fine and as I know it all fits in a much smaller class of vehicle (as that what we will use to get to the airport) it feels crazy I have to go up several classes versus my own car just to be on the safe side but that’s life.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
But it also depends on what giant procurement deal the parent company has signed with which brand of vehicle manufacturer doesn't it ?eg we were happy hiring with Avis / Budget out of Salzburg as were regularly getting VAG/Merc vehicles, then boom, all change, we were getting Fiat/Renault/Nissan vehicles. I don't know, it's all a mystery to me
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy