Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge tuning angles + files

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
spyderjon wrote:
@R1DSO, it's folly to own edging tools but not take them away with you. An alu-oxide stone in your pocket/backpack would allow you to dress off that damage straightaway or back at base in the evening, as well as remove any general skiing burrs/rock dings throughout the week.

Just use your alu-ox on the base edge. The remaining scratches are too deep to be polished out with a diamond so don't even try. Most of that burr has been raised on the side edge anyway.

I definitely will take edging tools next trip. I contemplated it, but the fact that my ski sidewalls needed planning stopped me. And I was in the frame of mind that they'd be used for sharpening (which I could do without) vs repairing the damage I picked up.

Useful to hear re only using the alu oxide stone on the base edge to remove the burrs. Thank you. I was assuming I'd need to file down the edges until I got them looking like new again. But, I guess some of these dings are too deep and I can only remove the burrs, leaving a couple of (smoother) dents in the edges.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
endoman wrote:
Layne wrote:
endoman wrote:
I also have a sidewall remover

Which one do you have?

Easy to use?

The one from piste office. ( kunzman advanced) Practised on my lads old skis first! Have it worked out now and did my brand new skis the other week with no bother. Although a different model, the video above nailed it for me.

I purchased one of these last week and used on my ski's today. Took a bit of figuring out but I got the hang of it after a while and saw some nice curly ribbons come away. And subsequently had no sidewall dragging and clogging up my file when doing the edges!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy