Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tell me about Seefield/ Innsbruck resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, trying to get a sneaky post Christmas ski break in this year. Me and my partner are late fifties very wobbly blue run cruisers, looking to have a relaxed four day break in a "easy" more blue run resort. Seefield looks like its ticking all the boxes at the moment so if anyone has any views / recommendations we would love to hear more. Also if anyone has any views about being based in Innsbruck itself, would love to hear your advise on what would be the best resorts in the area for low intermediate blue runners like us to visit. Any other practical tips on staying in Innsbruck would be most helpful, thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've skied Seefeld for a week, with a very small child in tow. I'd describe it as a winter resort, not a downhill ski resort. Piste were on two sides of the town, so you'll be bussing or walking and they're limited in extent. If you're looking for a couple hours ski, a walk in snow, coffee, bit of cross country ski etc it would be OK. I recall they had a rather nice pool complex.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lovely town lots of easy blues from the side with chair lift access. Christmas huts litter the center, nice friendly bars, recommend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I agree with @rnick, Seefeld is lovely, with a good train link to Innsbruck, but I wouldn't recommend it specifically for skiing. Both the areas mentioned are quite small, although with decent enough skiing in themselves, so it could work fine for you.

Staying in Innsbruck is a different 'ski experience' altogether, with the need to catch buses every day. But you do get the benefit of trying out different areas if that is your thing. The old part of the town is charming and the ski bus tends to stop close to most of the big hotels.

Otherwise, I would recommend the Zillertal or Alpbach as areas close to Innsbruck that might fit your spec if you can find accommodation for less than a week.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You might want to drop @clarky999, a message, I believe he works for the tourist board in Innsbruck. There is a thread specifically about Innsbruck skiing you might want to ask there too https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148503
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Seefeld actually has three separate ski areas: Gschwandtkopf, Roshutte and Geigenbuhel. As much as I like the town itself, I would never return to ski there unless it was for a short break.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kabby, my parents, Mum in particular sounds very similar in terms of skiing to you. They LOVE Schlick2000, but I'm trying to persuade them to go to Seefeld instead. Ski area feels a bit bigger, village is nicer, and it gets more snow. It's actually really good on a powder day too and has some great offpiste terrain.

Seefeld isn't in Innsbruck's tourism area though, so the (holiday) area passes like the Ski + City pass don't work there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Apologies to everyone who took the time to reply/respond! Been offline this week! Thank you so much for your time and input. Looks maybe a little bit less of a resort as I thought... thanks again for replys
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy