Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to adjust Solomon front bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello guys.

I'm trying to adjust the lenght of an old binding from a Solomon ski and I am failing miserably...
Usually the front binding has a lever that you can adjust, but there is nothing on this one.
I guess this binding is called 711, does anyone know how?

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
King Solomon's bindings eh? That looks like a smarttrak system and you should be able to find documentation for it online. Did you try the little lever or screw in the center? That seems to have some wear on it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 711 predates the Smartrak and it's method of toe attachment is the forerunner of the current Z series bindings.

Do not remove the torx head screw on the top of the binding or you will die a slow lingering and painful death. Instead undo the two no.3 pozi screws just ahead of the AFD and remove them. Then grip the toe binding and pull it horizontally rearward toward the heel. What you're doing here is sliding the toe binding off the front/third mounting screw that resides in a T section that dovetails in to the underside of the front of the binding.

The no.3 pozi screw in the T section that attaches it to the base/rail can now be removed and the T section can now be repositioned within a series of predrilled holes to suit you boot sole length - you can see the end hole in the middle of the rail/base in front of the toe binding. You can now slide the toe binding forward over the T section until it stops and reinstall the two screws in to the predrilled holes.

Don't use a power driver and don't over torque screws - hand tight is fine - 4.0-4.5Nm if you want to be geeky.

And those 711's went out of indemnity years ago so after all this work you're still gonna die!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AndreSilva, no, they dont’t usually.

Well, rental ones do. Not retail.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, I can't think of one make/model of the current crop of retail rail binding systems that is not lever actuated and they've been like that for a number of years now.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, I am so out of date.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Do rail bindings still exist? How quaint.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon wrote:
The 711 predates the Smartrak and it's method of toe attachment is the forerunner of the current Z series bindings.

Do not remove the torx head screw on the top of the binding or you will die a slow lingering and painful death. Instead undo the two no.3 pozi screws just ahead of the AFD and remove them. Then grip the toe binding and pull it horizontally rearward toward the heel. What you're doing here is sliding the toe binding off the front/third mounting screw that resides in a T section that dovetails in to the underside of the front of the binding.

The no.3 pozi screw in the T section that attaches it to the base/rail can now be removed and the T section can now be repositioned within a series of predrilled holes to suit you boot sole length - you can see the end hole in the middle of the rail/base in front of the toe binding. You can now slide the toe binding forward over the T section until it stops and reinstall the two screws in to the predrilled holes.

Don't use a power driver and don't over torque screws - hand tight is fine - 4.0-4.5Nm if you want to be geeky.

And those 711's went out of indemnity years ago so after all this work you're still gonna die!

You know your bindings sir!!! Laughing
I only had the time to go back to those bindings now and did exactly what you said, worked like a charm!
A bit tricky the first time, but once u did the first time, it's gets really simple, thanks you very much!!! Razz
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy