Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Milky Way Luxury TO Hotels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I last went to the Milky Way in 1986 when 4 of us shared a 2-bunk & sofa bed studio in Montgenevre... Happy days, but times change and now I prefer something more luxurious.

Austria seems packed with really nice 4* hotels with that classy alpine atmosphere, nice bar and restaurant and quiet comfortable rooms with a pool / wellness centre.

Does anyone know of a similar type hotel served by a tour operator, on the Milky Way? I'm guessing the Italian side is more likely to have such a place.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@red 27, Try the Anova in Montgenevre. I've not been personally but the TO prices seem to suggest a much higher standard tham other hotels
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nbt, ooh yes, that looks nice, thanks, definitely one for the list. €100 week extra for the spa seems a bit mean but hey ho.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hotel Cristallo in Sestriere ? (inghams)

https://www.hotelcristallosestriere.com/en/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@albob, Thanks - that also looks promising. Not the last word in luxury but along the lines of what I was thinking of.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@red 27, The Grand is 4 star - but further from the slopes

https://www.grandhotelsestriere.it/en/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@red 27, Hotel Anova in Montgenevre would be an option but bear in mind that it is in the new Obelisque area (can ski to and from but not in village centre) and I think it is 3* not 4. I would also look at Le Napoleon self catering apartments. The apartments are 4* high end with end of stay cleaning included (plus midweek if needed) and you can order breakfast goods through reception, and there is a very nice pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna plus spa. It is in the centre of the village you just have to cross the road to the slopes. At lunch time you could eat at a very nice mountain restaurant called Les Terraces and in the evening there are lots of options for eating out nearby. We booked it through Peak Retreats whose prices include self drive flexiplus eurotunnel. Have also booked accommodation only through them at a lower rate and booked own travel by train or plane.

If luxury hotel is the main priority I don't think you will find one in Montgenevre or Claviere. But the skiing is excellent so would suggest compromising on accommodation for really enjoyable skiing in a slightly off the beaten track resort. One of the nicest hotels I've seen in France is the Taj I Mah in Arc 2000. Did not stay there but used the spa which was A1.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albob wrote:
@red 27, The Grand is 4 star - but further from the slopes

https://www.grandhotelsestriere.it/en/

Thanks - TA reviews mention 'noise from the night club' which is a red flag for me (being a fussy light-sleeper)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowymum wrote:
@red 27, Hotel Anova in Montgenevre would be an option but bear in mind that it is in the new Obelisque area...

Thnaks. The location looks fine for me - I'm happy to walk around a bit. It's certainly on the list

Will also check out those apartments
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy