Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shops / ski hire - Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, does anyone know if there's a ski shop in Innsbruck selling race stuff? I'm looking to rent GS skis - like the Rossi masters ski - in reasonably condition but not sure that I'll find them in the usual Intersport places. I emailed a load of shops but didn't get much response
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have you tried Die Boerse? - It's right by the bus stops that go off to the schlick, Stubai, etc. as well.
https://www.dieboerse.at/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very unlikely Die Boerse will have race stock. TBH I can't really think of anywhere that has proper race skis tbh.

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you are looking for? https://www.intersport.at/fischer-rc4-worldcup-rc-ski-ohne-bindung-accessoires-und-ausrustung-schwarz-iat.fischer.a06018.000.html?dwvar_iat.fischer.a06018.000_color=000&cgid=

That's Intersport Patscherkofel - Patscherkofel is a pretty racer-y mountain so I'd imagine that's one of the more likely places.

If it's genuine race stock you want, maybe contacting the manufacturers directly might be a better option? Atomic, Head, Fischer etc should have stuff in Austria...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've seen Völkl Racetigers at Patscherkofel and Kühtai, but I know zero about race skis and whether that's the right type of thing...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Scarlet, I believe the Racetigers came/come in fancy-looking-piste-ski as well as actual race ski varieties, but I don't know much about that either
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, tried Die Boerse but haven't heard back. Interski said they only sell race skis but any rc4 would be fine. I'll try Patscherkofel as it was the Innsbruck shop I'd contacted.

Racetigers would be fine, I'll ski piste GS skis if I have to but would prefer some sort of masters ski (there might not even be much difference but would like something stiffer that a piste ski I think)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@clarky999, no idea, I just know that Luc picked a pair up ex-rental last season and they were stiffer than a stiff thing (though he doesn't weigh much). He was trying to get me to take them for a run, but at 176ish GS I figured I'd be heading straight back to the fracture clinic so I declined.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy