Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kastle LX85 - thoughts on sizing and generally

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

With the sales and now 20-25% extra off its possible to get a pair of New 18/19 Kastle LX85 skis with bindings for £300.

I’m 173cm tall, 80-82kg and used for be a good skier (although Rob may differ in opinion after Saturdays private at Hemel Embarassed ). happy green to red and when warmed up turn properly without skidding. So intermediate? Enjoy on piste and probably through trees or a little off piste but if serious powder then it’s boarding time instead (having lived in whistler I can ski and board but prefer skis).

I’m off to Norway and then the prebbw.

I’m thinking the 168cm as they have a bit of a rocker and they should be good for where I’m going and allow room to improve as probably just twice a year skiing for me.

Thoughts on length? - 176 will be too long and 160 too short with the rockers is mine.

Thoughts on the skis themselves from anyone?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh and has anyone used speck sports? Which is where I am seeing the deal
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Oitbc, why 176 too long? skis don't know how tall you are. 168 sounds a bit short vs weight. That said, unnecessary length is just harder work.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought conventional wisdom was don’t buy a ski taller than you? Happy to be told I’m wrong Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All Mountain Ski, for Male Intermediate skier of your stats: 174 - 180

Piste Ski: 171 - 177
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Oitbc, Mrs U is 155cm tall and skis 177s typically, at around (shhhh!) 58 kgs.

That said, she has skied a lot since she was about 4 ... used to sort-of-train with the Spanish team (courtesy of then boyfriend) - i.e. she partied and skied with them but didn't do any actual training as far as I can determine.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hmmm food for thought, thanks - Let me go and check how much rocker exactly and figure this out. Perhaps I hadn’t factored in my overall heaviness properly Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Oitbc, my thoughts in similar direction, they don't appears to be out of range at 176.

The tips on these Kastlé I feel are particularly effective in not contributing to ski length on flat piste while offering really good float in soft / chopped etc conditions. At a guess ( I've not got lx but other Kastlé) you can take off at least 6cm of flat edge contact for the rise in tip geometry.

All that I've skied have such a silky integrated feel to them too, not like some other's are described as a switch from tips not engaged to getting them working. They seem to have a particularly wide gateway in usage / skill terms of which I'd not envision you having any problems with from your skill level.

As with anything though, it really is only you that can fully evaluate for your needs. They are very good quality construction, especially for that money too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
176 unless you are sticking to the piste.

Actually, even then...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Managed to confuse myself entirely over the weekend with too much choice and option with all the sales

Spoke to Kastle who said fx86 or dx85 in 168 or 169 would be their choice.

Spotted some skis by a company called renoun and spoke to their founder who seemed really nice and recommended his 80 width in a 163 but they make Kastle seem cheap

Noticed Völkl who I skied an m5 and liked a few years ago had the new deacon 84 out

And atomic had a 79 width ti that would obviously go with the atomic boots that CeM sold me Smile

All of which left me no further forward other than to think hire for Norway at Xmas as kids are in tow as well and then buy something in jan for the prebbw

Only issue is last time we hired in Geilo they had one ski (even though they had cheap and advanced as options it was one ski) - it was an ok atomic piste ski but was just a bit crappy (not new season stock or someone had bashed the daylights out of it in the 3 weeks they’d been open)

Sometimes I wish there was someone who just flew in to resorts and you could test all his skis. Like a travelling salesman. Yes I know about the Oktobertest and had booked but injured my groin and couldn’t make it Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy