Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Visit to snowworld zoetermeer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Visited a friend in Amsterdam and we decided to give a go at the SnowWorld in Zoetermeer. We rented a car and drive took just under 1h, worked out cheaper than by train that cost around 30 euros for a return ticket.

The outside is fairly impressive, after the extension to 300m long slope, it looks massive. The first day was on a Friday, fairly quite. Ticket cost around 40 euros for 8h (actual skiing time break times outside do not count), not including equipment. I've added the skis, extra 7 euros.

Changing area isn't that massive but enough except if very busy. Not many changing rooms but the Dutch don't seem to bother showing underwear in public so makes sense... equipment is all Atomic, pretty decent.

The entry to slopes is gated and your time allowance only runs from this moment. Apart from the official three slopes available, there is a tiny slope for first-timers train by themselves. The beginner slope is 140m long and very gentle, ideal for learning or practising new drills. Next to it, there is another 140m long, for park with a fairly big ramp and others rails and stuff.

The main slope, 300m and 20% degree, for an indoor slope (and for someone used to Hemel) is impressive from the bottom. Two fast button lifts take you up quickly and there is a small bar at the top. The snow was good, only getting icy patches later on about 16-17h. Because of the steepness and length, you can really charge on it, feels way closer to the real skiing than what you get in Hemel, got a bit of the speed buzz.

The restaurant was traditional alpine self-service, with soups, bread and some main meals. Not the cheapest though.

The second day, on a Saturday, slightly more expensive and very busy. At times was difficult to enjoy, piste got bad by noon. I took more breaks than the day before.

Temperature is said to be -5C but it felt -10C to me, I struggled with the cold until I layered up with everything I had available.

Overall was very fun but would go back weekdays only.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Better to Go in Summertime and take in the the other activities very nearby (cycling distance)

Dutch Water Dreams

http://youtube.com/v/6U5xxbHbbYw

Then take a Sauna

https://elysium.nl/faciliteiten/saunas

http://youtube.com/v/zoK2wLyzZnw

The finish off with the ApresSki !

https://www.deapresskihut.nl/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gustavobs, Thanks for this. Many of us here are familiar with the 500m long snoworld slope at Landgraff so it is good to see how the Zoetermeer one compares.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gustavobs wrote:

The restaurant was traditional alpine self-service, with soups, bread and some main meals. Not the cheapest though.

Definitely traditional alpine then Laughing

Sounds good, if you are in the area anyway.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy