Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Indoor Ski Fridges Have Magic Carpet / Travelator Lifts

Poster: A snowHead
Reason for asking is that I have a friend who had a major stroke about 18 months ago and his shoulder is probably not yet up to hanging on to a button lift. I have some skis to test and it would be great if he could come along for a bit of gentle skiing after nearly 2 years without a fix. Looking at the website Tamworth has something like that ? I would normally go up to Manchester on an early morning cheapi but Tamworth would be OK.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there - Tamworth definitely does as I was there on Sunday.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Forgot to add - Tamworth is a travelator lift
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, Tamworth has travelators to the top. Manchester only does on baby slope - it has button lifts on the main slope.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pyjama Tim wrote:
Hi there - Tamworth definitely does as I was there on Sunday.
This is the best option. All the others have drag lifts, except for their nursery slopes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hemel has one on the beginner slope, which at a guess is about a third the length of the main slope.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Hemel has one on the beginner slope, which at a guess is about a third the length of the main slope.
It's not available for public use.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rob@rar, I've known people on it who aren't having lessons.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@rob@rar, I've known people on it who aren't having lessons.
Not with permission. At a quiet time if you ask the Duty Slope Manager you might be able to use the lesson slope if you have a good reason, but not if there are several group lessons going on. A good skier is easily spotted, and will be asked to head to the main slope.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@rob@rar, with permission.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
@rob@rar, with permission.
Yes, that's what I said. In busy times permission is not likely to be given. I very occasionally use the lesson slope when I'm teaching there and understand how little space they have available if it's even moderately busy.

I'm not entirely certain that lapping around the lesson slope on their magic carpet for an experienced skier looking to find their skillets after a break of a couple of years would be a useful proposition.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the replies guys, the travelator at Tamworth sounds ideal. He is an experienced skier and is fit enough at the moment for 10 mile+ walks as well as blue run level mountain biking but just has to be careful with his shoulder as it's very susceptible to dislocating.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Norwich is a dry slope rather than a fridge, but we have both a Poma and a series of travellators up to the top of our main slope - although the latter is much slower!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skitow, serious question, is it likely to be an issues, I've used button lifts with a bug shoulder and never had a problem, if it's just one side then he can prioritise using the other arm by just sticking to one side of the slope (nb assuming the slope you go to has a drag lift on both sides).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ansta1, It might not be to be honest but having had to explain to his wife that he had just cracked some ribs by falling off his mountain bike the first time he went back to that, I am erring on the cautious side Laughing Reason for that was he went straight back to clip ins and had lost the strength / technique in his left leg to twist out, so changed to flats and not looked back, or fell off since, yet rolling eyes Tamworth not really so bad for me, except they don't open until 9-00am Puzzled
ski holidays
Had a go on the Chelski travellator/carpet 2 weeks ago.

Stacked right at the end of the session....landed half on my face, and half on my left shoulder. Bit of a fat lip for a few days, but my shoulder still isn't right.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy