Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madonna di Campiglio Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Firts time, just booked a cheeky wee Xmas trip to make up for being found surplus to requirements (firm would like to hire some younger, cheaper models).

Booked the Hubertus Hotel, B N B so where's good on hill for lunch, apres, dinner?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Ghost Dog, I don't think we found anywhere that wasn't okay when we were there. Great for coffee and chocolate stops. Pizza and pasta. IIRC even the swish looking place (chalet Fiat??) didn't break the bank. Worth a ski over to Folgarida/Marilleva (sp?).Nice tree lined runs and a quite steep black that will take you all the way down into Folgarida. There was a lovely, very modern looking restaurant at the top of one of the lifts but I can't recall the name of it. It's a lovely, very scenic area with some spectacular Dolomite views.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with GeorgeVII we didn't have problems anywhere, it's two years since we went but going back for third visit in Feb as we (especially wife) like it so much, we had mainly light lunches due to being on half board, so from memory -

Chalet Fiat at the top of Spinale very nice and not as expensive as expected but busy.
There is a nice place a little of the beaten track which we only found via a recommendation, it's off piste 54 think it might be Cascina Zeledria but someone will here know, very good quality food, I remember having a lovely venison chop (that wasn't a light lunch day). Head down piste 54 and follow the signs on your left, IIRC it was a 100m + from the piste.
The place at Doss Del Sabion at the top of Pinzolo had decent food inside and it's worth stopping just for the views

GeorgeVII may be referring to Rifugio Orso Bruno at the top of Monte Vigo or the Rifugio at Monte Spolverino.

we used to stop regularly at Rifuggio Graffer on Groste for a coffee and it was always busy with a queue for people eating.

Your hotel looks to be in a great location so no shortage of places for the evening.
R

ps Home Stube was good for drinks and bites in the evening
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@richb67, My other half fondly remembers a place above Pinzolo. Right at the top of the run that becomes the black Audi Tulot. Very rustic, family run and more like a refuge. Friendly place and super food. My recollection is rather hazy. A small group of instructors were in having a celebratory lunch and insisted that I join them when they started on the grappa. @Ghost Dog, Not sure if you're aware but Mad di C is also linked to Pinzolo. There's some nice skiing around the upper bowls. You can ski all the way down to the road via The "Audi" run. There's a small café/bar and toilets at the lower gondola station. But you can't ski down into Pinzolo town itself. That's a download via a chair. Bear in mind that the gondola that takes you from and back to MdC probably take about 20 minutes. Plenty of time to finish a packed lunch. Worth riding it at least once as it follows the terrain through the woodland and quite literally up and down dale.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Cascina Zeledria !!

Nick
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@big_ben, Shhhh.... dont tell anyone else wink wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stayed in the Hubertus a couple of years ago. Great location as it is bang in the middle of town and 100 yards from the gondola station. Great little downstairs bar around the corner also for later on after dinner.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stayed in the Hubertus a couple of years ago. Great location as it is bang in the middle of town and 100 yards from the gondola station. Great little downstairs bar around the corner also for later on after dinner.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all. Only there for 4 nights, sounds like I won't go hungry or thirsty. Couldn't resist popping out with the snow so good. Just warm up before Canazei at New Year Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy