Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt Restaurant - recommendation for Xmas Day

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi , we are heading to Zermatt for 4 days over Xmas to visit my son who is there for the season ski instructing. I am looking for a restaurant for Christmas Day (evening), does not need to be fine dining but somewhere with great food and atmosphere would be ideal for Christmas Dinner with my wife and two 20 year olds.

Any local advice greatly appreciated , many thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Romantic Hotel Julen has a great Stubli in the basement that serves from the fire. Lamb is a speciality.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here's a link
https://www.julen.ch/en/restaurant-schaeferstube/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can second DCG’s recommendation for Romantik Hotel Julen and can add Chez Max and Sonnmatten (in Winkelmatten). A fun option is Hotel Silvana at Furri. You catch the lift up and can either walk or toboggan back. We also had a good meal at the Matthiol Hotel last year. They have glass/plastic igloos in the garden which you can hire which was a bit different. The disadvantage is that the hotel is out on the Moosweg to the north of the village so is a reasonable walk from the centre of Zermatt. Unfortunately, we can’t be out for Christmas this year but I think if we were we would probably go to Sonnmatten. Where ever you choose I’m sure you’ll have a great time. Merry Xmas!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are Skiing that day, hit up Chezy Vrony for a really nice lunch.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some good suggestions here - bear in mind that in Zermatt the big celebration is on Christmas Eve, rather than Christmas Day itself, so don’t expect any ‘special’ menus on Christmas Day itself. The atmosphere will still be great, depending on taste and budget, I would add to the list the Stockhorn Grill, Brasserie Uno or, up in Winkelmatten Waldhaus if Sonnmatten is unavailable/doesn’t appeal. You will have a great time regardless!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for the recommendations , will have a wee look and make some bookings.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A lunch reservation at Findlerhof or Zum Zee would go down well - best food on the mountain in my view.

For the evening why don't you try Spycher Resturant (everything is flambeed) it has a great atmosphere and the food is excellent. If you can get in, which is highly unlikely, the Le Chalet Guiseppe is fantastic and one of the best in town.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What about Zum See in the evening?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its not open in the evenings as far as I'm aware unless they do a one-off Xmas eve meal.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I did not reply as we always make our main meal lunch. Ches Vrony, Findlerhof or Sum Zee would all be good. Coming back before dark. Most people have xmas lunch in the afternoon, dont they?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy