Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lies!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Dear Ski Holiday companies,

La Daille ISN'T Val d'Isere.

Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@marodo2712,

Hmmm... Near enough, me thinks - like Le Fornet.

Or do you think tour companies should advertise them as resorts in their own right? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't ever fly with a low cost airline. Some of their airports are much further from the city they claim than La Daille - Val D'Isere
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@marodo2712,
The information gIven here by me is probably WILDLY inaccurate and should be ignored by EVERYONE.

You said it yourself wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TommyJ wrote:
Don't ever fly with a low cost airline. Some of their airports are much further from the city they claim than La Daille - Val D'Isere

Like Frankfurt-Hahn -- 125k away from Frankfurt!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
TommyJ wrote:

Daft reason not to fly with them. Check first.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marodo2712 wrote:

Thank you.

I'd say it is. Just at one end. It's covered by the same lift pass and buses.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought this was going to be another BoJo thread wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
20 minutes by foot. Regular bus service. Seems fairly close to me.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well you wouldn't want to hop there would you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bergmeister, they should advertise them as 'La Daille, Val D'Isere', not just 'Val D'Isere'.

@martinm, Tignes is covered by the same lift pass and buses, but it isn't Val D'Iser!

(Currently shopping around for catered chalet packages with my 10 year old son. I've skied over to VD, and liked what I saw.)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marodo2712 wrote:

@martinm, Tignes is covered by the same lift pass and buses, but it isn't Val D'Iser!

(Currently shopping around for catered chalet packages with my 10 year old son. I've skied over to VD, and liked what I saw.)

TBF. There is no free Ski Bus from Tignes to VDI - and there is a Tignes only (and VDI only) Lift Pass available.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 24-11-19 13:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Close enough to call it VDI imo, free 10 mins ski bus. If someone doesn’t do their research that’s up to them
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@marodo2712, Yes it is. TOs are marketing Val d'Isere the resort, not Val d'Isere the village/town. And the former certainly includes La Daille.

I agree that this can be a PITA, but everyone does it, in every resort. And the different parts of the resort often correspond to different prices. If say you are looking for cheaper holidays in "Val d'Isere" and being shown mainly ones in La Daille you might need to increase your price point.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ecureuil,
Quote:

TOs are marketing Val d'Isere the resort, not Val d'Isere the village/town.
This
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
@ecureuil,
Quote:

TOs are marketing Val d'Isere the resort, not Val d'Isere the village/town.
This

+2. I've had some pleasant holidays based at La Daille. Rather nice to potter down the Vallee Perdue. Not the most raucous night life, but not too far to the centre.
ski holidays
@achilles, not dissimilar to stopping in Laisinant, Leggetaz, or Chatelard, think that's what they call the area near the defunct Clochetons.

Legally it's all the same postcode! But that didn't stop the Val mafia ignoring La Daille for many years. At least the new Gondy has reset that. Still as all the cheaper places in the Centre are replaced to serve the super clients, the staff will have to live somewhere.
snow report
If you want to ski in La Daille, you'll need a Val d'Isere lift pass. I'd expect tour operators to advertise two main areas in Espace Killy: Tignes and Val d'Isere. When you go into more detail it should say La Daille area of Val d'Isere.
snow report
It's like saying;
Argentiere and Les Houches aren't Chamonix, nor's Le Tour, Les Bossons, Les Nants
Brides Les Bains isn't Meribel
Les Boisses and Tignes
Is St Bon Courchevel?
Les Allues or Mottaret Meribel?
as for all the satellites of Morzine.....

Compared to some of these La Daille is more Val d'Isere than they some of these examples......
ski holidays
@marodo2712,
So what do you class as Val D'Isere?
latest report
marodo2712 wrote:

Thank you.

But definitely part of the Espace Killy ski domaine/lift-pass. Got some great apres, La Folie Douce, Trifolet pizzas, notwithstanding la piste Perdue ………………..

Which is in La Daille NOT Val d'Isere!! Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/ee-OafIo9lw
snow conditions
Surely the best run in the world snowHead part sking part caving.
snow conditions
@marodo2712, Where does the Val d'Isere world cup downhill finish. And where does the Funival leave from?
ski holidays
@johnE, ...thought the men's course was the Face De Bellevarde, and it was the women's course that ended up at La Daille.
latest report
@skimastaaah, it's still a Val disere world cup
snow conditions
Men's World Cup DH used to finish in La Daille, the Olympics was La Face IIRC. Women once had a World Champs down Solaise.
snow conditions
Quote:

thought the men's course was the Face De Bellevarde,

That was created and used for the Olympics. The Downhill uses the OK course that more or less follows the piste of the same name.
latest report
skimastaaah wrote:
marodo2712 wrote:

Thank you.

But definitely part of the Espace Killy ski domaine/lift-pass. Got some great apres, La Folie Douce, Trifolet pizzas, notwithstanding la piste Perdue ………………..

Which is in La Daille NOT Val d'Isere!! Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/ee-OafIo9lw

Ooooh.... Razz when does that come in to nick?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skimastaaah, I’m not sure many candidates for “best ski run” involve no turning...
latest report
You can also ski it like this.
http://youtube.com/v/UYmcm5bKvxk
snow report
I'm not sure that being 20min walk or a short bus doesn't make La Daille part of Val D'Isere. By that reckoning most London boroughs aren't actually in London!
snow conditions
@skimastaaah, Vallee Perdue definitely not the 'best ski run in Europe', but fun to do once, or maybe twice...
ski holidays
+1 @Steilhang,
latest report
Steilhang wrote:
@skimastaaah, Vallee Perdue definitely not the 'best ski run in Europe', but fun to do once, or maybe twice...

....and not great if you get stuck behind a large class of timid Intermediates, that a French Ski instructor thought would be "Fun".

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 24-11-19 19:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
La Daille is where Val D hides the poor people.
snow report
There are probably as many poor people in Val as there are in Courchevel.

La Daille is part of the resort same as Fornet, like it or not. As said above, people need to do their research.
snow conditions
@marcellus, I think it’s fair enough to say that La Daille is part of VdI, but I’d disagree that you can reasonably say Brides Les Bains is part of Meribel. You could stretch the truth a bit and claim its part of the 3V but part of Meribel? No.
snow conditions
foxtrotzulu wrote:
@marcellus, I think it’s fair enough to say that La Daille is part of VdI, but I’d disagree that you can reasonably say Brides Les Bains is part of Meribel. You could stretch the truth a bit and claim its part of the 3V but part of Meribel? No.

But people do say it is which is my point....... it's all about hownyoubdefinte the boundaries of a resort... same post code, ski lift to main runs, tourist office, Marie, TO advertising??
latest report
@Whitegold, La Daille is where the smart people stay. But keep it quiet. wink
latest report
I've never noticed tour operators describing Brides les Bain accommodation as being in Meribel.

Any evidence?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy