Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nevica Ski Gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know whether the Nevica 3-in-1 Meribel Ski gloves are worth getting? I’m looking for some warm gloves (preferably with inner gloves) and the Nevica ones are reduced to £10.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@GBSki, I would advocate trying in person at a sports direct. When I looked at their stuff for my girls the fit was all wrong for their hands
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They seem to fit well. Was just wondering what they were like in terms of warmth and functionality.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd swerve Nevica gloves, other half had a pair of said gloves and they fell apart, they were waterproof by means of a plastic glove on the inside(petrol station style) No breathability at all!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which gloves would you recommend for a reasonable price (under £20)?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tbh I wouldn't go with Nevica Gloves, they are the one piece of kit I would spend a bit more on.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Decathlon probably have some decent options for that price, mitts with liners will ensure warmth in the coldest conditions.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Which gloves would you recommend for under £40? I’ve looked at brands like Dakine and MCTi, and they have a mixture of reviews.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The leather ones from snowshepherd or something from TKMaxx
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Are all the t k Maxx gloves good? Are there any that I should avoid?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@GBSki, I am very pleased with my Burton ones - paid well under £40 for them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Burton look great. I think I’ve found a pair for a good price:

https://www.sportsdirect.com/burton-process-gore-tex-ski-gloves-mens-405135?gclid=CjwKCAiAzuPuBRAIEiwAkkmOSC7vO711S_H8XqNtkWOdnARlXmCjTgKu7AuWeSoRoygBnIlN-osBAxoCro0QAvD_BwE

Does anyone know whether these come with liners or will I have to buy some separate?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
They look decent for the price, description doesn't mention liners so just get some cheap ones.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What are the best cheap liners?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowshepherd Kinco copies/ improvements ftw.

For inner gloves thin running gloves from Sports direct or Decathlon for 3 or 4 quid.
ski holidays
If you go for silk liners; keep them away from Velcro wrist straps. It’ll rip holes in them.
latest report
@GBSki, for warmth, in cold conditions, I use mitts.

As @Dave of the Marmottes, said, thin cheap running gloves.

Fleece for extra cold conditions.

Nevica gloves don’t last very long in my experience but not bad value.
snow conditions
Silk glove liners wear out too fast.
ski holidays
Go online with TK Maxx & order loads - then take your pick. Not this season's gloves, but who cares?
snow report
@GBSki, I’ve got a pair which are very similar which I use as a spare pair in deepest winter (kept in my backpack) and which I wear in spring when it is warmer. They are fine. Fit perfect for me.

Are they the best made, warmest I have used? No. But for £10 it’s hardly high risk to buy a pair.
snow conditions
@jilly29, that seems like a great idea; the T.K.Maxx refunds policy seems to be good. Which make is generally better out of Reusch, Level and Zanier or are they all the same?
latest report
I got my Kincos on eBay for £15, I've had for years and they have been put through the ringer working on race pistes etc too. I will never buy 'ski' gloves as such. The Simmond one froms Decathlon do look decent if you don't fancy work gloves, I've got some other Simmond gear and its impressive.
latest report
I got my Kincos on eBay for £15, I've had for years and they have been put through the ringer working on race pistes etc too. I will never buy 'ski' gloves as such. The Simmond one froms Decathlon do look decent if you don't fancy work gloves, I've got some other Simmond gear and its impressive.
snow report
I bought Zanier out in resort a few years back in Italy (and £££ more than TK MAxx) and they are excellent.
snow report
@GlasgowCyclops, +1 - snowshepherd gloves with a liner to increase warmth
ski holidays
Thanks everyone - I think I’ll go with the Zanier ones from T K Maxx; they look like good quality and are reduced to around £20 - £30 at the moment. I’ll make sure I take some running gloves to use as liners
snow report
Quote:
Which gloves would you recommend for a reasonable price (under £20)?
My current gloves were reduced to £4(!!) in Aldi and - 2 seasons in - have been amazing. Road tested to about -10C and waterproof too.

Other than that, Mrs MA and I have had a few pairs with Goretex liners (in assorted brands) from TK Maxx over the years. Never paid more than £15 and had some brilliant ones - proper leather palms etc.
ski holidays
Thanks - I used some ALDI gloves last year and although all their other gear was very good quality the gloves were quite cold and fell apart quite quickly when using the rope tow.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
have you looked on tkmaxx?
snow report
Yes - there aren’t any in my size.
snow report
Are there any problems with the Dakine Titan gloves? They look like good value for money
ski holidays
for sub £30 get ski work gloves from here http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/Ski-Gloves
ski holidays
Is this thread some extended troll? You've been told repeatedly which leather gloves are both warm and durable but persist in pursuing fabric gloves which will tear or split sooner. I have 5 years and 150ish days on my Kinco 901 mitts and they look better than new ( due to the patina developed over time and the application of a quid's worth of glove balm).
snow report
GBSki wrote:
Are there any problems with the Dakine Titan gloves? They look like good value for money

I have Dakine Titan glives. They're lovel and warm but they lasted maybe three seasons befoer they started to split. I've got ten years out of them thanks to duct tape, but I'll be buying new gloves before I go out again
latest report
You're obviously not the kinds to drop gloves off chairlifts, leave them in bars, tear them on fences or trees.
Best gloves I get every year are the ones from Aldi, that are warm, breathable enough and only 4 quid. If you want extra warmth, get some liners
snow report
The SnowShepherd ski / work gloves are the type used by all the lifties and pisteurs round here.
But GBP 27.50 is extortionate. They're between 16-20 euros in most hardware stores.
We used them for years until I got given a free pair of wedze's to try, which I am still using.
snow report
Kinco gets my vote too. Obtained mine from American Amazon c$25. You need to SnoSeal them yourself (easy). Bombproof and warm. For extra warmth try the mitten option. I have them, kids have them, we ski a lot and nobody gets cold wet hands. I've bought "expensive" gloves before but these are much better IMO. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy