Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys and Espace Killy Day Parking

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going to be based in Champagny-en-Vanoise over New Year. Now I know the area very well - have driven around there a lot in summer. But I'm not up on all the winter parking options.

If I want to grab a day the in the 3 Valleys what do you think would be the best parking option? Courchevel Le Praz? La Tania? Meribel?

And you'll think this next part is bonkers - but if I wanted to grab a day in Tignes/Val D'Isere what would be the best parking option? La Daille?

(I not completely nuts - wouldn't be doing this on a transfer day or when it's snowing).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tignes Brevieres.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
frejul,

For the 3Vs I would head to the free parking in St Martin de Belleville, 100 metres from the bottom of the gondola.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another vote for Tignes les Brev.

Plenty of free parking at the lift station, quick upload and a great return run (Vallon du Sache) back to the car.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes - of course. Forgot about Les Brevieres. Will need to see what the snow cover is like for the Sache (will have youngster with me).

If the roads are clear we're hoping to squeeze in 6 days...

Paradiski x 2
Pralognan x 1
3 Valleys x 2
Espace Killy x 1

Not your normal family ski holiday - but this trip is just me and our eldest who is quite adventurous.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
New car park is due to open under the La Praz gondola this season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah - yes I saw that was building site in the summer. Wasn't sure what they were doing. If it's a new car park will probably give it a try.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Long time back I stayed in Champagny for a week and did day trips to 3V and Les Arcs (it was before the VE)

I drove and parked at La Praz for 3V. Very easy drive that and also a great ski down at the end of the day.

Tignes Les Brev for EK is a good option but it's still a bit of a trek. Why not Ste Foy? Little bit closer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@frejul, We normally park in the large, outdoor, free car park in Le Praz. It is only a 20 minute drive from Champagny and has easy access to the gondola in le Praz.
Just continue on the road up to Courchevel at the roundabout in le Praz and it is about 200 metres up the road on the left hand side, just after the sharp left hand bend.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It used to take us around 1 hour 50 minutes on a normal day when we were visiting our daughter in Tignes when she was working there for a season.
She was based in Val Claret and we just used to park in one of the underground car parks nearby, can't remember how much it cost for the day but don't remember it being too expensive.
It was pretty central for Espace Killy and easy to get to and from.
I imagine Les Brevieres would be a bit more difficult to get back to at the end of the day.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For the 3v, go to Méribel and park in the underground car park in the chaudanne area. You are centre of the 3v so do not need to stress to much about getting from one side of the area to the other if lifts are closing.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
frejul wrote:
Yes - of course. Forgot about Les Brevieres. Will need to see what the snow cover is like for the Sache (will have youngster with me).

Sache isn't the only run down to Brevieres.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Tignes, the Val Claret car open air carpark has always been free for visitors buying a day ticket wink

Assume the same will apply this season.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skichampcouk wrote:
@frejul, We normally park in the large, outdoor, free car park in Le Praz. It is only a 20 minute drive from Champagny and has easy access to the gondola in le Praz.
Just continue on the road up to Courchevel at the roundabout in le Praz and it is about 200 metres up the road on the left hand side, just after the sharp left hand bend.

Ah - thanks. I hadn't spotted that one. In summer I normally stop in the tiny car park just before the sharp left bend. Hadn't noticed the big one further on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy