Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any one with spare room / accom in/near BSM Fri 14th - Monday 17th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm hoping to visit Bourg St Maurice on Friday 14th and was thinking of staying for a couple of days skiing. Looking for flights and Geneva is coming out cheapest over Lyon then hire car to BSM (anyone have any views on if I should pay extra and fly into Lyon instead ?). I'm looking for some accom either in BSM preferably near funicular or one of the Les Arcs villages ? Tried various websites for hotels. B& B etc but have had no joy. Was wondering if there were any snowheads with a spare room / studio flat available for 3 -nights?. Would really like to meet up with any other Snowheads if possible as I don't fancy skiing on my own. I'm a confident intermediate happy with most runs. Very Happy

Rgds

Rich

p.s Looked at webcam and conditions look good. Would appreciate real-time info
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could check out what the BLAM'ers are up to: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=9949
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Type23, I agree with Ian Hopkinson, you could hook up with the BLAM. Maybe drop a pm to PG on here, don't worry if he takes a while to respond, he's involved with the racing at the mo Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Type23,

We've still got some space - not in Bourg st Maurice - we're in Nancroix which is in the valley separating Les Arcs and La Plagne but if you're hiring a car then that shouldn't make any difference.

We're a hostel so it may not be the type of accommodation your looking for but if you are interested it's £13 per person per night (less 5% discount for being a snowheads member). So it ain't posh accommodation but it is cheap, honest and friendly.

We have a free bus running every half hour linking into the Les Arcs/Peisey-Vallandry lift system (5 min trip).

Our website is www.chaletarc.co.uk if you want to check it out.

Meg.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ian,
Thanks have sent BLAM an e-mail. Think I've managed to get something sorted out in a place called Les Glieres it's supposed to be approx 600m from Funicular Sad bit further than I would want to walk with Ski's etc but hoping that there is a Ski bus stop somewhere nearby wink

Chaletarc,
Thank you but really want to stay in BSM/near to Funicular as I'm checking out the general area / property nearby.

Rgds

Rich
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Type 23

Les Glieres is not that far from the funicular (I have a place there) - Also there is a ski rental place at the Funicular called Polaire star who will store you skis and boots for you for €5 per day and for free if you rent your stuff from them
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Type23,

No probs,

Les Glieres is a good place to stay - I used to rent an appartment there when I was doing seasons down in Bourg before I got this place - it's not too far from the funicular. Theres a tunnel bridge leading from the road near Les Glieres straight to the funicular.

Enjoy your holiday.

Meg.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy