Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flex your Muscles.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All of you wishing to by boots next winter, 2006/7, will be pleased to hear that our crusades through Italy last summer were sucsessful.

All the Manufatures, using a standard 2 piece boot, Clog and Cuff. Will now use the same test for flex, therefore brands will have the same ratings.

The test, for those whom are new to this forum are as follows.

The boot is kept at a temperature of 23 degrees for the duration of the test. The boot is flexed 30,000 times through 10degrees of angle. The test is conducted with the stock liner inside and with buckles at mid way of maximum adjustment. The rating is the average of newtons force require to flex the boot through the desired degrees. I.E.

Salomon Falcon 10 = 110n
Nordica speedmachine 12 = 110n

Also all manufactures are now co-operating and giving us the measurements of the last use to shape the boot. Therefore your salesperson has no excuse for getting the wrong shell shape and type for your foot. Less margin for error so you the consumer, has every right to complain harder given information available to your salesperson. Little Angel
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its good to hear the boot manufacturers are working together. Helps us to make a much more informed decision and hopefully will stop people buying a boot which is too stiff Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Uncle Z, how long before stores start getting laser guided boot fitting machines? A friend of mine was telling me about the new toy that takes 3D measurements of your foot and compares it to the best fitting shell the store has entered into the database... I'm sure it's not the end of boot fitting but I guess this will make the initial fit process much more acurate. I'm not suggesting that you might need such technology but it's bound to help lots of idiotic boot fitters redundant... Thoughts?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's available now through atomic. However the accuracy of the user, database accuracy and availability are the stubbling blocks right now. Too many holos for us, may impress a few dentists in a few Covent Garden stores wink along the way.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy