Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is it too late for me to book a ski trip over the 4 day Easter break?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I've made some enquiries at travel agents and they tell me the resorts have eiether closed as seasons ended or are open but i'd be risking not having enough snow to ski. my preference would be to go to europe but not france or italy (simply becos i've been there before, and i like to go to a new country when i can). Was hard to get annual leave before now, plus a ski-trip that was tentatively planned a month ago fizzled out when some flaky friends dropped out. so if i can get 1 or 2 friends to commit is it too late to go? If not is it too late to book? And if not, WHERE?

I'd ideally like to travel the Good Friday morning, and return Easter Monday evening.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ridha,
Welocme
Of course, its not too late....but you will have to get looking in earnest now...

Look at the snow reports here for L2A or ADH...Tignes/Val or anywhere high-ish. but by ruling out France you are ruling out a lot of good skiing. Besides, they are the places that you can get to easily as you go independant... Also, look at the chalet section for people with apartments that may do ad-hoc days...!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thx for the reply, wot do 'ad hoc' days mean?

I'm new to the webiste, so have no idea what it offers! Ok, if i was to think about France, which resorts do u recommend? One of my friends who's at St. Antons may be able to extend her stay if I come up. What do u know of this resort - does it have long seasons? What's the nearest airport?

I don't even know how to begin looking at snow reports!! Besides, is it really useful? Cos I remember 2 years ago when I was in Vermont, for the beginning of our holiday the snow was slushy, and on the 2nd last day there were even bit of mud and grass dotted all over the slopes, and then one the last day we had a thick blanket of overnight snow!! So can snow reports really give you an indication?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ridha, chalets / hotel bookings normally run Saturday-Saturday, ad-hoc means they will take guests for the specific days they want.

The resorts JT mentions are a good bet (Les Deux Alpes, Alp D'Huez, Tignes/Val D'Isere) you might also add Les Arcs and Val Thorens. I normally check www.snow-forecast.com or www.skiclub.co.uk for snow reports. They're useful for getting a general idea of what's getting on.

I believe Friedrichshafen is the closest airport to St Anton (but I'm not sure about that)

Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ridha,

If you want a flight to St Anton, you can also try Zurich and then catch the train right into the village... I don't know what the snow is like there but the TO is very good - e-mail them and see what they can offer. I would also do that with the other resorts mentioned...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ridha, get out to Austria. Accommodation won't be an issue...just roll up to the tourist office and they'll do the rest.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ridha, hi, we've just got back from morillon (les esserts) which still has quite a lot of snow (we could ski back to the apartment) and loads of sunshine. morillon is quite quiet, but the skiing is ok, (flaine area). there is a website called ownersdirect.com (top apartment listing is in a great location & quite cheap) and geneva airport is pretty close. hope you sort something out.
rebecca
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi guys, thx for all the responses! Eeeeeeee Good news as i've just crossed one hurdle, which is i've found a couple of friends who are interested in a ski trip over easter from 14th - 17th, so am now onto the minefield of actually booking. Problem is when i went to the travel agents today they were all totally discouraging about my chances of a. there being snow anywhere on easter weekend, and b. booking this late. And although i've been to lastminute.com, i find that site utterly contradictory and difficult to navigate. Heeellllp! I'll be working between Monday and Friday so won't be able to make any more phone calls or attend at Thomas Cooks, but am also really wary of just booking a flight and rocking up blindly to a ski destination. Any other suggestions? Basically we will take anywhere that still has great snow, and accomodation for 3 or 4 people. And as all in one of a trip as possible. i.e flights, accomodation, transfers, lift pass and equipment hire all included in the package, cos to organise those things separately seem overwhelming!! Any suggestions for good travcel agents, or online packages that u've seen? I might try the chalet section now, but say if i was to find some kind soul who would rent us accom between 14th and 17th how would we get from the relevant airport to the chalet unless it's part of a package? (None of us can drive btw)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ridha, how would we get from the relevant airport to the chalet unless it's part of a package? (None of us can drive btw) New postSun Apr 09, 06 20:27 Reply with quote
Quick Reply

taxi's are pretty cheap now - www.diy-hols.com are an example of a cheap taxi co. think they are just geneva though. but if you put in a resort name onto google, taxi co's will come up.

rebecca
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi there... I can recommend a really good place called Auberge Sur Le Montagne -- "auberge" means inn, and it's like a cross between a chalet and a very friendly small hotel. It's near Ste Foye resort, which is a great place, still has tons of snow, and is very uncrowded and laid-back compared to places like Val D'Isere, but the great thing about the auberge is that from there it's easy to drive to Val D'Isere, Tignes, and Les Arc (access is 10 minutes away in Viller Rogier (sp?)).... Andy and Sue, the people that run the auberge, are super friendly and will help you to get to wherever you want to go to (they have a mini bus and I think they do runs to other resorts at a small cost, but there is a free bus up to Ste Foye throughout the day which takes approx 10 minutes). They will also do transfers from Geneva or Lyon, or you can get a bus from the airports to Bourg St Maurice and they can arrange transport from there (it's about 20 minutes away). They even have a really comprehensive ski workshop downstairs with a great range of hire equipment so you can try different skis if you want to (they also have snowboards).

So all you would have to do is book the flight and organise everything else thru them... www.auberge-montagne.co.uk.

I am nothing to do with the auberge by the way, just a very happy punter! Really can't recommend them highly enough.

Em x
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ridha, you could try www.skiweekends.com I know they did an Easter package for those days, but don't know whether that is still available or not. They go to Brides les Bains (for the 3V) or Chamonix.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ejh103, em, couldn't get to your link - so tried google & this link worked, looks lovely. www.auberge-montagne.co.uk/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rihda, i think the best way is france and driving, me and missus + maybe 1 other would deffo be up for it if you have a few people who cna drive lets do it and share the costs of the motor. Meribel has had lots of snow and at mo has 220 at top, with val thorens even higher.

Basically london to alps includign boat is 12 hours drive (hammerring it) with 4 drivers or so we can share responsibility and leave thursday night around 8 and get back tuesday morning around 9

phone me today if u think this idea has merit

07799832145 rik
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just got this email, if it helps, nowt to do with the company involved at all.

Quote:

last minute cancellation in chalet beaumont - 2 apartments available (numbers 3+5) this bank holiday weekend, just 195 euro for the apartment for up to 7 nights enquire

Best regards, Jenny Avent, chamonixweekends.com"

Hope this helps!

Greg
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy