Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stockli Stormrider 95's

Poster: A snowHead
Hola.

Just about to pull the trigger on a new pair of Stockli Stormrider 95's to replace my battered Nordica HnB's as an all mountain, 1 ski to rule them all ski. Query for the wise - I'm roughly 178 cms tall, I ski fairly aggressively for an old lad. Do I buy the 175's or the 184s? Seeing as its got a reasonable amount of rocker, I'd guess the 184's? anything else I should consider for correct length? I wont have the chance to try before i buy....

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Absolutely lovely skis. I am 180cm tall, weigh 80kgs and ski 184.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ty Mike. We weigh in aprox the same, give or take a few slices of cake Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’d go for the 184’s. As you say light construction and more rocker mean they should not overpower you.

I think the St Legier Stockli shop do some demo days in the Valais resorts - may be worth giving them a call. You can also ask them to confirm the length is right.

https://www.stoeckli.ch/inten/ski/overview/freeride-tour/stormrider-95-2019

Pa if you get them can I try them!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, I am definitely getting them, and you can definitely have a go, I'm bound to be in Verbier a few times between mid Feb and April!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for the SR95s. Fantastic edge hold, solid in the crud, and pretty good float for a 95mm ski.

I am 193cm and on the 184 - which last year was the longest available.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have just bought a pair, love them let week in the Pyrenees I'm 188cm tall and got the 184cm
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great, thank you all for the feedback, now all that remains is to remind the Mrs about the rules and N+1.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There was a Stockli demo hut at Crans (Cry D’Er station) when we were there at Xmas. I didnt take note of exactly what they had but they seemed to have a big range and CHF40 for half a day rings a bell. Sorely tempted to have a blast.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Best place to buy them from ?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Télémark Pyrénées sells them online. In Switzerland they have their own stores dotted around.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Télémark Pyrénées sells them online. In Switzerland they have their own stores dotted around.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Doesn’t seem like many have any discount..... think it might be a grin and bear it job and then try and forget the price and enjoy the kit.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TP discounts approx 10-12% if you buy ski and binding together. Stockli typically good build quality so good choice if you ski a lot or are hard on your equipment. I’m quite tempted to buy direct being based in CH
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm still using my 2004 Stockli Stormrider XLs. woodcore and 2 layers of metal mean they are long lived so you can get VFM if you keep them a long time.
ski holidays
Thread bump to report back. Bought them in meini sports in Laax, and had a great day today in some windblown powder, crud, crust, slushy moguls, and soft snow on and off piste. They are the mutts nuts. One ski quiver sorted. Delighted I got the 184 as they ski quite short.
snow report
coddlesangers wrote:
Thread bump to report back. Bought them in meini sports in Laax, and had a great day today in some windblown powder, crud, crust, slushy moguls, and soft snow on and off piste. They are the mutts nuts. One ski quiver sorted. Delighted I got the 184 as they ski quite short.

Result!
snow report
Not sure if anyone is still looking, I came across this shop showing Stocklis at a discount

https://www.vigliettisport.com/en/1096-ski/s-5/manufacturer-stockli

Haven't price checked them (nor any shipping costs) nor have I used this shop so cant say if they are any good.
ski holidays
Did do the grin and bear it and bought a pair and they are amazing. No regrets. Had powder, ice, piste and crud at weekend and they performed spot on.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy