Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private hire minibus from uk to the alps.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, would love to hear from anyone who has a PCV licence to drive minibus/minicoach or a full C or D licence that is obviously a skier. Alternatively a level 2 ski instructor that’s interested in teaching abroad who I could put through a PCV qualification.
I will be incorporating a door to door ski travel opportunity for private hire in conjunction with ski instruction and ski transfer work abroad.
Any inquiries or questions welcomed.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to go by luxury coach (massive legroom and recliners) every year because a) it was cheap and b) whilst there they ferried us around to different places.

There is no escaping the fact that being in a van or coach for any length of time is hideous. We fly now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The whole ski market is full of options, alternatives, preferences and individual scenarios which having skied for many years in Finland, Switzerland, France and more often now Italy I completely understand the pros and cons.
Without going into too much detail atm, I am offering a door to door ski opportunity from UK to the ski accommodation in resort.
Also without talking too much about cost this could be accomplished for as little as £100 per person in certain circumstances.
Some will find the benefit and convenience of a luxury door to door service at the cheapest possible price!
Transport does not include any ‘ferrying’ around in resort.
Please contact brianmoncaster67@gmail.com if you can fulfil or interested in the second driver requirement.
Any inquiries welcomed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Slightly off topic, but I used to regularly travel London to Prague by coach in the 90's. Took about 20 hours door to door.

Prepared me well for when I did a 42 hour bus journey in Australia from Alice Springs to Brisbane. You spend the first 7 hours not actually getting any closer to Brisbane (as the crow flies). Absolute killer of a journey. Was supposed to do another 3 hours on top of it to Byron Bay, but I was literally going out of my mind after 42 hours and couldn't handle another 3, so aborted in Brisbane for 24 hours.

Basically long distance coach travel is grim.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think it can be compared to many other scenarios but there needs to be a balance and maybe a breaking point or tolerance limit. You are talking quite extreme coach journey lengths in comparison to a trip to the northern French Alps!
Factor in waiting around at airports, coach stations, car hire bureaucracy, transfer exchanges, taxi ranks etc with friends, family and children with lots of baggage then there are pros and cons to every situation that will suit some and not others.
If all else fails just try and put your head down and sleep, wait til you arrive and feel refreshed ready to go.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mikey i can top trump you on this. Once did a 72 hour coach across Indonesia, right across Jave and up Sumatra. By the end of it I had no idea what day it was. I recall apocalyptic scenes crossing the equator through forest fires.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brian, one of the key issues with overland travel to skiing is the distance to Dover from the home address. So from up north its far easier to fly from a local airport. Your idea might work for those in the SE.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where are you planning to run the service to?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, agreed. I live in Dorset and the without necessarily excluding any potential market situation it would suit groups or parties under the M4/M25 corridor.
Any full parties close to 16 passengers would need to be considered on its merits.
Thanks for your response.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, the service will be primarily be customer led and have a degree of flexibility from its conception but the aim would be primarily to travel to resorts along the northern French Alps and the ‘white highway’ and the central French Alps, 3 Val lies resorts etc and as far south as Valmorel, Valmeiner to the Maurienne valley.
There are no real exclusions at this time and it would be flexible based on group numbers and practicality.Austria, Switzerland, Aosta Valley and the Dolomites are all possible options with near full occupancy which would be 16 or 19 at present.
Thanks for your response.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Brian Moncaster worth you checking out this thread. They want what you are offering.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142205#3474493
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ronnierocket, he posted there already and was recommended to start a new thread
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As s level2 instructor can you work in France?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I get the transport bit (although not something that interests me), but how will the ski instruction bit work? As far as I understand, Level 2 wouldn't qualify you to teach in France, but I might be wrong.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi thanks for that but if it’s the thread I’m thinking of with dates of February 2019 then Ive added to it already.
It’s interesting looking at people’s perspectives and expectations on organising ski trips and it certainly isn’t a one size fits all.
I have nothing but admiration for anyone taking on such a venture either individually or as part of a larger group.
I hope I can provide a scenario in which some of the uncertainty and jeopardy is taken away from the holiday and it could allow people to go and enjoy the prospect of group skiing with the travel hassle being reduced significantly, making the option a real possibility whereas previously it may have been unthinkable.
ski holidays
Hi. your right. Without going into detail I plan to instruct in Italy for various personal reasons and through to the Aosta valley.
Thanks.
latest report
@Brian Moncaster, When you say level 2, do you mean BASI level 2? My understanding is that most countries (France, Italy, Austria) do not accept this. Also, in Switzerland, I believe a level 2 needs to be under the supervision of an established ski school?

Do you have any other information on this?
ski holidays
@Chamcham, Plenty of BASI L2 instructors work for Interski in the Aosta valley.
snow conditions
@rjs, Yes. Do you know how that works?
snow report
@Brian Moncaster, Wouldn't it be cheaper for you and the co-driver to drive to Switzerland and work there after dropping off your SLF than to take a bus through the Mont Blanc tunnel ?
snow conditions
Hi, my motives and business plan are not going to be effected by a return toll charge through the monte bianco tunnel but your right there is an additional cost but then its the specific lifestyle and ski opportunity that I’m looking for in Italy that is a key driver.
There are many ski instructing possibilities in Italy and particularly the Aosta Valley with companies like Interski and others which you can do for up to 7 weeks of the season on a level 2 qualification.
Back to my original post..... any skier with a D licence or are you a level 2 ski instructor looking for part time seasonal work abroad and need the incentive and means to make it happen?
Thanks.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy