Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne or Paradiski Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Eveing all

In your opinion, what would you opt for if staying in Aime La Plagne lift pass wise? Just La Plagne or the Paradiski lift pass? We're a family of four with 2 children who will be in morning ski school.

My initial thought was just get the Paradiski lift pass but is there enough piste for a week for intermediate skiers?

What do you think?

Thanks Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just get the La Plagne area pass. There is plenty of skiing in the La Plagne. the La Plagne pass used to include one day in Les Arcs, it may still do,,,,
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thankyou albob Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@albob, i think this winter they cancelled the 1 day in 2nd area.
At least I don't see it on their websites, nor the price for top-up.
@ralphster, if it wasn't for the kids in morning ski schools then definitely the Paradiski pass would be better. But for a few hours it isn't worth it. Save it for future years, you'll all want to return to Paradiski. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ralphster, how old are your children, as that makes a difference to lift pass options and cost? What level is their skiing at? Is ski school every day, or do they get a day off?

They still seem to offer a one day pass extension during 2019/20. However, depending on child ages, there may be a more cost effective, less of a faff, option for you.

If they're very young, then they're unlikely to have the stamina for afternoon excursions to Les Arcs anyway. On the other hand, if it doesn't cost very much extra, there's some lovely skiing in the Vallandry/Peisey sector, especially down amongst the trees on bad visibility days. Also the ride across the valley in the Vanoise Express (glass bottomed double decker cable car) is a bit of an experience in itself.
snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were once in Pesey-Vallandry, with the kid at the ESF. The meeting is basically one lift and one piste away from the Vanoise Express. That means that on days where we decided to head to La Plagne I was dropping him at 9, skiing the other side and back for 12. Then re-crossing to pick him up and catch up with the group. Our son managed to do his class *and* enjoy Rocher de Mio, Inversans etc. (plus Les Arcs Side of course).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So I'd say it depends on the kid's skiing ability - you don't want to miss the last Vanoise Express.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ralphster (and albob), it seems you are correct: the La Plagne pass no longer includes one day in Les Arcs: https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/
You can "upgrade" the La Plagne pass to get on the Vanoise: €20 for adult, €16 for child: https://www.laplagnet.com/ski-passes/.
You are based in "Aime La Plagne" (Aime 2000?): the best route to the Vanoise (go via 1800 to avoid the trek across Plagne Centre) involves 3 lifts and will take you at least an hour, probably 90 minutes.
And your children are in morning ski school.
Not really worth rushing over to Les Arcs in the afternoon after Ski School, but maybe a fun adventure on the non-ski school day.
(There is plenty for you in La Plagne - don't miss out on exploring all of the Montalbert section)
I would sort out the route to the Vanoise by skiing it on one of your after ski school afternoons so you don't go wrong on the Les Arcs day.
Then set off as soon as the lifts open: the Vanoise can get very busy in the morning.
And enjoy your adventure . . . snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim wrote:
...You are based in "Aime La Plagne" (Aime 2000?): the best route to the Vanoise (go via 1800 to avoid the trek across Plagne Centre) involves 3 lifts and will take you at least an hour, probably 90 minutes.

And 5 lifts (or 4 +Telemetro) to get back from the Vanoise - probably takes a bit longer. And that's before for allowing for any actual skiing on the Les Arcs side.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Staying in Aime with kids doing morning ski school I would stick with a La Plagne lift pass.

There is a lots of good skiing over in the Les Coches sector, near to the VE, though so don't neglect to get over there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

My initial thought was just get the Paradiski lift pass but is there enough piste for a week for intermediate skiers?

I suspect you have never been to La Plagne before. There are hundreds of km of intermediae piste in La Plagne. Probably more than any other resort, anywhere.

As others have said it is a bit of a treck from Aime La Plagne to Les Arcs. If the lift queues are at all bad then 90 minutes is a pretty optimistic time. (I'm thinking of the top of the Peisey lift).

These are actually two distinctly different ski resorts joined by a single lift at their extremities. It is not like Val d'Isere/Tignes when you are often popping over the ridge. To put it into perspective last season I had a Paradiski season pass and skied in the area for roughly 30 days. I crossed to La Plagne 3 times, and one of those was purely to try and justify to myself the cost of the Paradiski bit.

On the Les Arcs side of the Vanoise Express the Essentials lift pass (the new name for a Paradiski pass) has a number of benefits, such as queue jumping. I do not think there are any of these in La Plagne, significantly reducing the value of the pass in my opinon. Last Season to get a rough measure of the ratio of Les Arcs passes to Paradiski passes I counted the number of people entering each queue (those with paradiski passes and those without) Only about 10% of the skiers had paradiski passes (or to be accuarate used the special lanes).

Basically my advice would be - just buy a La Plagne pass.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are intermediate skiers and went to La Plagne 2 years ago. We had more than enough in La Plagne. So with kids as well, I think it'll be a push to get the most out of a Paradiski pass.

Are they still giving you a day in Les Arcs with the La Plagne pass? That's what we did. Picked the best day weather wise and headed over.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fridge03 wrote:
Are they still giving you a day in Les Arcs with the La Plagne pass? That's what we did. Picked the best day weather wise and headed over.

Nope but you can get an extension for 20 Euros.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy