Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Restaurant recommendations in Tignes Val Claret - Xmas week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Tignes this Christmas this year and will be self catering, so the plan is to eat out a few nights and also a few lunches. We are staying in Val Claret. Any good recommendations for restaurants for both lunch and dinner? For lunch could be in the mountains but ideally the non skier in the group should be able to join. Are restaurants open on Xmas eve? Or is it better to plan a night in on that day? How far ahead should we book - we are 11 people ( 3 families) .
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For dinner I’d totally recommend Couloir Restaurant for a slightly more up-scale focused menu. We’ve visited a few times each season over the last few years and have never been disappointed. La Pignatta is also worth a visit and always gets good reports for their pizza.

If you’re happpy to hop on the excellent free bus to Lavachet I’d also recommend Queue de Cochon for the higher end of the scale. We also visited L’Arti recently which we were impressed with - great modern cooking with a fine dining twist in an intimate but relaxed setting. Finally La Ferme has to be on the list for any traditional alpine dishes.

Tignes does tend to be pretty busy in the week you’ll be visiting, so with a large group I’d recommend booking well in advance.

I can’t say 100% on Christmas Eve openings - I’d check with the restaurants directly.

For mountain restaurants including a non-skier Panoramic at the top of the Funicular would have to be one to mention. There’s self-service which is okay, or the main restaurant which is excellent but on the pricey side. Watch out for Igloo, the owners’ adorable St Bernard!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.les-suites-du-nevada.com/table-de-jeanne/

Book now if you want a table for Christmas lunch/dinner.
A good home for my winter fuel payment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bella2015 wrote:
We are going to Tignes this Christmas this year and will be self catering, so the plan is to eat out a few nights and also a few lunches. We are staying in Val Claret. Any good recommendations for restaurants for both lunch and dinner? For lunch could be in the mountains but ideally the non skier in the group should be able to join. Are restaurants open on Xmas eve? Or is it better to plan a night in on that day? How far ahead should we book - we are 11 people ( 3 families) .

Are restaurants open on Xmas eve? Yes - all of them. And on Xmas Day, New Years Eve & New Years Day.

How far ahead should we book? As soon as a) You've picked where you want to eat; and b) The restaurant is open for the season to take bookings.

For restaurant recommendations ask here:- https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148642&start=240
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all. Looks like it’s best to get on with choosing and booking...we do have a couple of pescatarians in our group so need to find out something that would suit them
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bella2015, Don't forget that Xmas Eve is the BIG one for the French so other than NYE it's likely to be the busiest.

ps, I would second a recommendation for the Que de Cochon. Lovely food. Well run by Sarah and Duncan and I'm sure that they could accommodate any special dietary requirements given a bit of notice. As long as you're staying in Le Lac, Val Claret or Lavachet you'll have no trouble getting there. The free buses that circulate around the resort stop just across the road.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lechbob wrote:

Toofy Grin Brilliant
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We had a lovely meal in Couloir, very reasonably priced.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lechbob wrote:

You'll just be having a starter then? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Christmas fayre plus wine = €205 + tip = £200 = winter fuel payment Very Happy maybe even have an appetitive .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy