Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowshepherd Ski/Work gloves sizing

Poster: A snowHead
15cm of snow on the roof this morning prompted a discussion about leaving some tough pairs of gloves in the car for putting the chains on. I remembered these Snowshepherd gloves which seem ideal, I'm just not sure of the size.

I'm sure loads of you have a pair, so what is the fit like? I have tiny hands and short fingers and normally get women's S or XS, but I can normally try them on in a shop Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The main thing I would say about the sizing is that they are quite generous widthwise, but fingers not overly long - JanetS got medium to get the right finger length. If you email Tim Shepherd he will tell you the exact dimensions of each size - and you can get a Snowheads discount.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RobinS, Thanks, email sent. Glove fingers too short is not a problem I generally encounter, so maybe the size 6 will be ok.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You also need some dexterity as well though with chains as they are quite fiddly - I generally use just rubberised palm builders gloves.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Normally I'd agree, but ours are a brute force then try not to take your hand off when the spring jumps back type Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the mention guys, couple of pairs flying off to Austria today for you Scarlet Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent service - less than 24 hours between me reading Scarlet's post and the gloves arriving in the post!
I went for the size 7 (my usual) which turned out to be a bit too big so have passed them on to Aidan and ordered the XS (6) for myself.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Scamper, am sending the Xsmall pair today, please keep an eye on the payment side, as your email address did not work I got the emails back here for the new order!?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was bought a pair last Christmas. Great gloves, but with arthritis coming in my knuckle joints and the gloves being thick leather and stiff, it was hard to close my hand and grip the ski pole; so I sold them on here.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
livetoski wrote:
Hi Scamper, am sending the Xsmall pair today, please keep an eye on the payment side, as your email address did not work I got the emails back here for the new order!?

PayPal showing pending at the mo.

Not sure about the email...it autocompleted but tbh, i didn't double check it. Same as yesterday's one though if you need to contact me.
I'll check the payment again in half an hour.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scamper, have copied your other order email address over to the new order hope you get the emails through now.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glad someone put this up to remind me as I was looking these recently. I have normal sized hands but they seem to swell when I get hot and struggle with my gloves with a tight 'mouth'.

@Awdbugga, this is a consideration for me too now Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scamper wrote:
Excellent service - less than 24 hours between me reading Scarlet's post and the gloves arriving in the post!

That totally confused me. I was wondering what on earth you were doing with my gloves which I couldn't possibly expect to get here for a few more days, until I realised that I must've prompted another order! Laughing

@Scottland, I guess you have to break them in, like you would with leather shoes.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scottland, bummer, especially for someone so young. Sad I found they were far to stiff and I didn't relish the prospect of the pain of having to break them in.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We keep gloves like this with chains or spare wheel etc

https://www.justgloves.co.uk/Work-Gloves/Cold-Work-Gloves/UCI-KoolGripreg-Arctic-Thermal-Gloves?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_feed_or_listings&pl=STD&ccv=Y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg9LD0OTq5QIVCSrgCh2aUgO5EAEYASACEgJl0_D_BwE#null

Work well in cold and wet if you have to do mucky stuff.
snow report
@livetoski, About leather stiffness. Do they soften up and get more flexible if rubbed with Dubbin (or a 21st century equivalent product)?

They look VG gloves, but like the others with arthritis, I’d want a bit of give in them.
snowHead
ski holidays
@PeakyB, Yes lots of Nikwax and use they soften up very well and take the shape of your hand. If you overdose them in nikwax and leave them to dry over noght on their fingers that helps as well to get some shape into them quickly.
ski holidays
@livetoski, thanks, I use Nikwax to reproof my waterproof jackets and goretex boots I think. I'll give it some thought.
ski holidays
@PeakyB, The other gloves to look at are my mittens they are warmer and also much softer if you get problems with your fingers, less leather to bend !!!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy