Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skifeet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just seen this pop up on my Facebook stream this morning. Are these a new thing or just an old idea rehashed?

https://giftclub24.com/pages/skifeet

The website describes them as:

"Introducing SKIFEET, the next revolution in winter sports. A combination of skis and skates, that brings the thrill of skating to the slopes. They are essentially like ice-skates for the ski slopes!
With these, you can do anything you would do with skis, and so much more."

"SKIFEETS is made of highly-durable, fiberglass-reinforced material.
They've got:
- metal ski edges for quick stopping
- a heel brake for slowing down
- adjustable bindings to attach to any shoe"

Bit too random for me but thought I'd share!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow... I don't know what to think of those!

First snowblades, now these - it's like the trend for bigger skis was totally flipped Shocked

TBH, I'd give them a try if there was a pair lying about, but I can't imagine wanting these instead of skis.

They say they were on Kickstarter, but I can't find anything - there is something on Indiegogo though, identical picture but different name: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/snowfeet-new-booming-winter-sport#/ which then links to a very different (and more professional) website: https://snowfeetstore.com/

Looks like 'SkiFeet' is trying to rip off that idea.

Quote:
8. Do SkiFeet work in powder?
You can use SkiFeet on snow that is not deeper than +/- 20 cm. SkiFeet is best on ski slopes, snow parks, forest paths and off the slopes too, just not in deep powder. By the way, most skis and snowboards are not suited for deep powder either.

Laughing Laughing Laughing (and 6 is missing from the FAQs)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
By the way, most skis and snowboards are not suited for deep powder either.

Hmm. The rest of the industry called and want a chat...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Similar was around in the 70s - we called them ski-ders although I'm not sure that is the correct spelling. They were like roller skates but with a flat metal base - you strapped them to your own shoes/boots.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They're like those things that they used in the Crashed Ice segment of the celebrity crippling fest that was The Jump... only without the ankle protection of a skate boot.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They look seriously dangerous
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Legend. wrote:

Don;t think they are that dangerous - the "athlete" in the sample photos doesn't seem to be wearing a helmet Razz
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski feet look like a snow feet imitation.

https://snowfeetstore.com/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
extremerob wrote:
Legend. wrote:

Don;t think they are that dangerous - the "athlete" in the sample photos doesn't seem to be wearing a helmet Razz

I guess it's the person wearing them that would cause the danger Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is it me, or do they look like a bad pair of Crocs?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's snowshoes with a smooth bottom.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

8. Do SkiFeet work in powder?

You can use SkiFeet on snow that is not deeper than +/- 20 cm. SkiFeet is best on ski slopes, snow parks, forest paths and off the slopes too, just not in deep powder. By the way, most skis and snowboards are not suited for deep powder either.

For the unskilled, yes.

That's what this new toy is for: occasional tourist who wants a taste of what sliding down slippery snow surface is like.

But since it can't go uphill like snowshoes, you can't really use it on forest trails (despite what the advert claimed).

Does anyone notice their "verified customer" happened to name Jane and John? Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spotted in the wild! Someone currently using them in Tignes on the drag outside the PSB hotel. It does not look fun...

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy