Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

YouTube Tutorial

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads. I'm a reasonable intermediate skier but my technique could do with a bit of improvement, especially as I'd like to spend more time carving. I've got a bit of free time this month so I thought I'd take myself to the chill factor and get a bit of time on skis before the season starts. I wondered if there's any YouTube drills or tutorials that might be worth watching? I guess I need to improve my separation and get on to my edges sooner.

Any advice would be much appreciated.Ta
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Elate Ski Media are the ones to look at.

Not sure you'll have the space inside for proper carving though, but should be able to do stuff to help with edge control.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@SnoodlesMcFlude, thank you, I'll take a look.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, +1
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@grumpygargoyle, If you can afford it, it's well worth having real life instruction too. You may think you're doing what they tell you to do on YouTube, but it's not always the case. You'll make much faster progress with continuous feedback.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Not sure you'll have the space inside for proper carving though

This guy manages it pretty well Toofy Grin

https://vimeo.com/135251079
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skimottaret, that guy is skiing Hemel in a quieter state than I've ever seen it. He also has the advantage of already being able to carve wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skimottaret, pretty damn good skier and he only manages 6 turns on a quiet slope.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've taught carving sessions at Hemel plenty of times. Is it as good as having an empty green or blue piste in the mountains? No, of course not. Can you do some useful work? Sure you can. You can work on transitions, you can work on edging skills, you can work on turn shape.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy