Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordic Ski trails in Seefeld

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, our family is headed to Seefeld for 5 days during Christmas week. My daughter is advanced high school racer, will be training while there - and has (unrealistic) ambition of skiing all 250k of trails. Any recommendations of particular trails? Especially those that slower family members can start on and then bail out...
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry can't help but if Seefeld is anything like French resorts the 250k of trails will have a lot of areas where easy trails and hard trails are combined and you get a lot of double counting of km. That is trail black may be 15km but 5km shared with trail green which is 7km and they will count that as 22km. A quick look at the trail maps shows this is the case for Seefeld so your daught won't actually have to ski 250km of trails to ski every trail.... erm if you see what I mean.

I'm sure someone with local knowledge can give you some ideas otherwise the pisteurs are generally mines of information - I'd pick a hut you can ski to and stop for a drink together.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seefeld is not really best place for easy tracks. Most of their tracks are mean for real skiers, as majority of trails were done for World championships races. Also there's no way to that Seefeld would have 250k of tracks (Seefeld has some 30km of tracks), but whole area (Seefeld, Reith, Mosern, Leutasch) has. But getting to tracks around Leutasch (most of easy tracks are around there) means some 10km car drive. Of course it's possible to go with skis too, and for your daughter it shouldn't be issue, but getting anywhere from Seefeld out (to Mosern, Reith, or Leutasch) means in best case red but normally black tracks, which are sometimes quite demanding for someone not really into xc skiing.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Seefeld is not really best place for easy tracks.
OP didn't say "easy" trail for the family, only they're "slow(er)" than the racer daughter. (I'm thinking myself. I can ski anything, up AND DOWN. But once had the experience of starting with a racer buddy, who disappeared out of sight within about 30 seconds after we finished our pleasantry! Embarassed )

Sorry can't help with the trail knowledge though.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 11-11-19 17:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There are buses over to Leutasch, the daughter could ski there and back. Seefeld is a fantastic nordic ski area, have fun!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy